Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bit by Steve Cotterill

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10413~590932,00.html

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill is preparing to return to one of his former clubs this Saturday, as the Clarets make the long trip to face Brighton and Hove Albion at the Withdean Stadium in the Championship.

Cotterill played for the Seagulls in the 1992/93 season, joining them on loan from Wimbledon and he played 15 games during that spell.

Now he takes his team back to the south coast with fond memories of his spell with the Seagulls.

"I had a very enjoyable time there and was there for three months and wanted to sign for them," he admitted.

"They didn't have any money at the time, so that went out of the window, but I had a great time and seem to be well received whenever I go back.

"It's a massive club really. I was lucky enough when I was there that it was the Goldstone Ground, but I'm looking forward to going back."

In recent seasons, Albion have been severely restricted by having to play their games at the Withdean Stadium. This all follows the sale of the Goldstone Ground by a previous owner Bill Archer, leaving the club homeless.

That has seen them playing at Gillingham and now the Withdean Stadium and Cotterill hopes the Sussex club are successful in their quest to build a new stadium.

"Withdean or not, there is a lot of good people at Brighton," he added.

"The Withdean has served a good purpose for a great club and they do need a new ground, we all know that.

"It's a terrible shame about the Goldstone, but hopefully they'll get a new ground - Mr Prescott."

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:clap: Good man.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
:clap2: :clap2:

Nice reception for you from us all :clap2: :clap2:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Him and Paul Moulden had the makings of a good partnership for us at one stage, shame money prevented it from materialising.

Last edited:

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Beeneys gloves said:
Him and Paul Moulden had the makings of a good partnership for us at one stage, shame money prevented it from materialising.

Remember the debut of them both then 3-2 defeat at Orient deano wilkins got sent off, hottest day ever.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nice one Worzel.

I remember his first game for us away at Orient. Wendy Wilikins ssent off, coming back from 2-0 down with Cotterill and Marsden scoring, then a late goal for Orient killed us off.
A good game though.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thats got "Please Dick Knight, consider me for a future position should McGhee go!" written ALL over it :lolol:

Still nice though

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
I remember his first game for us away at Orient. Wendy Wilikins ssent off, coming back from 2-0 down with Cotterill and Marsden scoring, then a late goal for Orient killed us off.
A good game though.

Remember that one also, just! Got absolutely butchered before the game on lager and double dark rum for strange reason, missed 3 of the 5 goals because of toilet breaks during the game :ohmy: Seem to remember McCarthy powering in a header down our end to make it 2-1 or 2-2??? Who knows!!!

But Cotterill was good for us, one of the few players of that tieam who actually tried their hardest every game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was at that Orient game. Got totally blotto in the park behind the away end before kickoff, and got burnt to a crisp. Great day.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Beeneys gloves said:

Two great strikers who could put themselves a bit but also find the onion bag!! Oh for a return to those days!

Terrific game at Brisbane Road on a scorcher in August. Remember it for the old man nearly getting arrested when giving the stewards an earbashing as they were ejecting a few of our boys who were climbing on the fencing!! We had just come from 2-0 down FFS and most had been in the pub!

Top bloke Mr Cotterill and would be happy if he did become a future Albion manager

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here