Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nhs wages,this why we getting very little.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
South Staffordshire Nhs Trust require a Human resources advisor. Yes thats right ADVISOR, not manager aka hirer & firer. The wage 32k per year. :censored: What do frontline Nhs staff get ? Nowhere near as much.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll tell you what else will piss you off.
The company I work for will probably recruit him. And charge about £50k for the service (and thats not an exagerration - I am routinely shocked and appalled at how much various NHS Trusts shell out to executive recruitment agencies to find and recruit these highly placed pen-pushers).

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What do frontline Nhs staff get ? Nowhere near as much.

My Mrs is a fully qualified registered nurse who is an equivalent of an old E grade. This means that, among her many duties, she has to be in charge of the ward on her shifts (about 30 patients and 5-7 staff), allocate patients/bays to nurses, deal with abusive and aggresive patients and relatives, administer drugs and injections for which she is responsible for the dose and NOT the doctor who prescribed it.

She gets paid £21500

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My Mrs is a fully qualified registered nurse who is an equivalent of an old E grade. This means that, among her many duties, she has to be in charge of the ward on her shifts (about 30 patients and 5-7 staff), allocate patients/bays to nurses, deal with abusive and aggresive patients and relatives, administer drugs and injections for which she is responsible for the dose and NOT the doctor who prescribed it.

She gets paid £21500

£21.5k? That's appalling.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
South Staffordshire Nhs Trust require a Human resources advisor. Yes thats right ADVISOR, not manager aka hirer & firer. The wage 32k per year. :censored: What do frontline Nhs staff get ? Nowhere near as much.

You think that's ridiculous? Last year, Royal Cornwall NHS Trust appointed a Director of MARKETING on a salary of £91,000. Seriously. How the f*** do you market a HOSPITAL anyway?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
An NHS trust in the area in which I used to work was forever getting negative press in the local paper. The health reporter was BRILLIANT -- she had the best contacts and got all the scoops. I knew this because I was the health reporter for the local radio station and she frequently whipped my ARSE.

What was the NHS strategy to combat this? They hired said health reporter as a senior PR executive, paying her a rumoured £40Kpa (which is at least 15k more than her salary on the paper, I'm guessing).

Seriously wrong, isn't it?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
You think that's ridiculous? Last year, Royal Cornwall NHS Trust appointed a Director of MARKETING on a salary of £91,000. Seriously. How the f*** do you market a HOSPITAL anyway?

Capitalism eats itself?

I'm sure it's no different for schools and other public insitutions.

You raise an interesting point, marketing a hospital is the culmination of the slave-like devotion to the "choice" agenda, which in these cases, is TOTAL bollocks. Do you choose your hospital by looking through brochures, like a holiday? No, you go where you're taken and hope they have it in their power to help you. When they are spunking 91k a year on greasy, PR men to rebrand their "core services", then that ISNT likely.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
£21.5k? That's appalling.

Yep. Unfortunately the NHS and the government take advantage of nurses (and some doctors) because generally they pick the career for the love of providing patient care so they know they can screw them over and they'll still keep coming to work.

Pay for nurses and health care assistants is truly shocking when you consider the responsibility they have and the service they provide compared with most careers and I'll glady include my own career in that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yep. Unfortunately the NHS and the government take advantage of nurses (and some doctors) because generally they pick the career for the love of providing patient care so they know they can screw them over and they'll still keep coming to work.

Pay for nurses and health care assistants is truly shocking when you consider the responsibility they have and the service they provide compared with most careers and I'll glady include my own career in that.

Having now read most of yesterday's contributions, that is the post of the day.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Which makes it even worse when you consider that in December Worthing NHS trust spent over £1million in one month on agency nurses because of staff shortages.
How many full time nurses would that million quid or so have got for the whole of 2007?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here