Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NHS app AGGRO

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So I have the NHS app on my phone so I can retrieve my plague pass, which I've done several times since being double-jabbed to get the QR code for Barber's perusal at the turnstile.

But since last week, when I've signed in and pressed "Get your NHS covid pass", it just comes up with "Access to your pass has expired", and then gives me a link to verify my mobile phone number (which hasn't changed). So I go there anyway to "update" it to the same mobile number, receive the security text back, put it in, but still get the message that my pass has expired. I only had my 2nd jab in June, and it worked fine before as I downloaded it for Leicester. Anyone else had this ?

What gives ?

I had same thing happen to me.
Bloody annoying so I now take my paper proof of both my vaccinations

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just need to send a cheque c/o Dido Harding and all will be fine

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When I flew a couple of weeks ago the paper QR code wouldn’t scan, they only accepted the one on my phone……!

I've just updated mine without problems (Iphone)

I printed mine off in September because France wanted proof of double vaccination for the caravan site (pool) and every cafe/restaurant. The QR code scanned every time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really understand all this blind faith in yer Omsung Phine or even yer Apple equivalent. Not for football, and certainly not for being able to get in or out of a country or being able to get on a plane. It's all about risk management shirley? Phones get lost. Batteries drain. Apps that you rely on crap out when you most need them, as was the case yesterday. Might seem luddite, but IMHO sometimes the paper option is the smarter option than the smartphone option

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't really understand all this blind faith in yer Omsung Phine or even yer Apple equivalent. Not for football, and certainly not for being able to get in or out of a country or being able to get on a plane. It's all about risk management shirley? Phones get lost. Batteries drain. Apps that you rely on crap out when you most need them, as was the case yesterday. Might seem luddite, but IMHO sometimes the paper option is the smarter option than the smartphone option

A 'belt and braces' approach might be to:
1) Charge your phone on matchday
2) Take a normal size screenshot of the QR code
3) Download the PDF to your phone

All a bit overkill to me, but no need for wi-fi/battery draining apps. Update them weekly as they update, do it at 0330 in the morning when no bugger else is flooding the site.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

All a bit overkill to me, but no need for wi-fi/battery draining apps. Update them weekly as they update, do it at 0330 in the morning when no bugger else is flooding the site.

For sure would probably work for football. But your response is all about the phone. Sure you'd trust that approach for international travel? People reportedly missed their flights yesterday because the NHS app was playing up

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just had a look and my Domestic one now isn't showing, but my Travel one is (even though I've had Novavax which isn't accepted internationally).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep. For travelling abroad I had :

-app up to date
-email with pdf attached on my phone, and pdf downloaded onto my phone
-screenshots of all relevant paperwork (in a separate folder so they were easy to find amidst pics of fry-ups and the like :D) - covid vax cert, locator forms, test results
-paper copies of everything in a folder just in case

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Agree with the above. I once relied on EasyJet boarding passes on my phone flying home from France and yes, my phone died at the airport. Fortunately Mrs P was with me so was fairly simple to log on to my EasyJet account on her phone and was able to re-download the boarding passes, but had I been on my own, I'm sure it would not have been so simple. Ever since then, I now take a printed copy of all travel docs with me whenever we go abroad.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with the above. I once relied on EasyJet boarding passes on my phone flying home from France and yes, my phone died at the airport. Fortunately Mrs P was with me so was fairly simple to log on to my EasyJet account on her phone and was able to re-download the boarding passes, but had I been on my own, I'm sure it would not have been so simple. Ever since then, I now take a printed copy of all travel docs with me whenever we go abroad.

I think that's the wise middle road if you're travelling with friends / family. If you get an email with, say, your crucial pre-flight PCR results, proof of vaccination, boarding passes etc. then either print them off or fwd the email to your travelling companion. Always wise to spread the risk / have a Plan B where that stuff is concerned to save yourself a whole new easily-avoidable world of pain and expense

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nope, and I know there have been recent outages in the news as well. But mine seems to have 'expired' for some reason. I tried a week or two ago and have been getting the same thing since. I've messaged them about it through the app now, but its all such a cuffing BALLACHE.

Sake.

get yer 2 boosters and it'll be the same ...we're all banjaxed . they're all inept , 500g tub of vaseline , start stretching ....you know the rest .

Yoda

English & European
Seeing as some people seem to be misunderstanding what is happening, here is a screen shot of what we're getting when tapping on the domestic app.
6c8fcac6b0f89094215e1df31cc43362.jpg

As I said, I think it's because I didn't fully register and only had access to the domestic certificate. It would only last for 48 hours every time I opened the certificate as well anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here