Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL Kick Off 2004

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Kicks off tonight. I shall be following my team the Pittsburgh Steelers.

My first love was the San Diego Chargers as I used to date a girl from the city. My first NFL game was at the Coliseum in Oakland to see the Raiders play The Bucs after their Championship in 1981. My allegiance changed from the Chargers to the Houston Oilers as my allegiance to the girl changed. My new love and I went to see the Oilers v Chargers at the Astrodome. I won tickets to Superbowl 1987 in San Diego but couldn't find the time to go. I've seen a few of the exhibition games at Wembley. Giants v Cowboys springs to mind. William Perry the 'Fridge ' played that day in front of 100,000.

So why now support the Steelers. Well we all know about the glory-seeking fans in the Premiership etc. 'This year I will be mostly supporting Chelsea....' etc.

I knew my Ma was born in the USA but thought it was Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Well found out a couple of years ago that my Ma was in fact born in Pittsburg Pennsylvania. So there you go I have to be a Steelers fan.

The best Quarterbacks of the NFL were from the area. Dan Marino etc.

Any other NFL fans on NSC? What teams will you be supporting and why?

NFL Kick off

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Terry Bradshaw was THE greatest Steelers qb. I support the Seahawks for two reasons. Firstly it's the nearest to 'Seagulls' and also I've been to Seattle (my brother-in-law used to live there) and really loved it (climate similar to England).

However I've also got a soft spot Cleveland Browns, simply because they're unfashionable and have a stupid name. I HATE the Baltimore Ravens as they nicked Cleveland's original Browns franchise and gave it a more 'touchy-feely' name.

But you're right about the NFL, gridiron is a fabulous sport and is only criticised by dullards who don't understand it.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I was always a Broncos fan when John Elway played, but the Steelers were dope. Didn' t they have Yancey Thigpen? What happened to him.

Stopped buying the John Madden games cause none of my mates knew enough of the rules to play me. :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Go Raiders :clap2: :clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
D'Angelo Saxon said:

Stopped buying the John Madden games cause none of my mates knew enough of the rules to play me. :(

:D once you get the hang of it its by far the best multi-player game in the world apart from pro evo/athens 2004!

shame that the last instalment only allowed 2 players though. 4 player action is fantastic!!!

'sacked!!!!' :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
Yes. Of course it is. Now take another sip of your special drink.
Oooh! I had a really nice abusive retort lined up for the first person to pick up on that - but I don't want to use it on you!

Yes, I'll drink my drink now.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
49ers

hey i am a San Francisco 49ers fan, i used to play American football for Brighton b52's amazing game, played for south england as well twice and was top scorer for my team for numerous of years, we also won the national championship, we had a squad of 13 players and doncaster who played in the final had a squad of 43 players and we beat them 36-12 to become English champions.
Anyway i love the 49ers, i have met Joe Montana, by the way is the best quarterback the game has ever seen, met jerry rice, roger craig, ronnie lott, etc, also used to go and see london monarchs play all the time, also saw the final when London won final at a sold out wembley beat new york i think cant remember who.
Also did you know william the fridge perry played for monarchs for a season. Anyway i also like Detroit lions but that is mainly due to a while back, had best running back (my position) barry sanders, and they were a dreadful team but he broke all the rushing averages, class player imagine what do with a good side.
Anyway thought message this as was asked to say who support. Hoping to get into playing again when return from my year long trip to Australia which ends december 2nd, and also play Football as well, and of course watch the amazing seagulls, so far, very pleased with seagulls as got two wins on the bounce, cant wait to see a live game again, think going to 1st game as soon as poss on return, already been emailing friends on what away games to goto, what games you guys think be best to goto from 5th onwards of december

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Go Cowboys!!!

Now we have a quality, proven RB, I think we are in with a real chance. Just need the QB to show a bit more confidence in himself.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Always been a Seattle fan myself, were unlucky in the wild card playoff last season. The reason it Seattle -

They are the Seahawks (american seagulls !) and they are blue and white

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
The Giants. They wear blue and white (or used to) and they're the local team to Fareham.

Usual rubbish this season for us I expect. Signed Kurt Warner as QB, but no offensive line to protect him. Maybe see Eli Manning later in the season.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It has got to be the Packers.

fav1111.jpg

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Love American Football, got into it in a big way in the 80s when Channel 4 were mad for it!

Luckily for me, I have lived in America and even better was that the local team were the New England Patriots. They were rubbish when I lived there (1989-90) but just look at them now

Marvellous scenes

Should be a cracker tomorrow night, but a 1am start?!!! No thank you, I'll be in Newcastle on the pop ;)

Last edited:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Have been a Broncos fan for many years.

Managed to get to see them play in Tampa in 1999 - anyone who slags the game off should experience the atmosphere of an NFL game. It's not just the game itself but the whole experience including the tailgate parties before and after.

Paddy Finucane

WW2 Hero
Jul 26, 2004
Redhill
Packers for me to - has been since 1982 when Lofton and Jefferson were the wide receivers and Lynn Dickey was Quarterback. Long live the Cheeseheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here