Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL......Dont you just love the Yanks.......

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
"It's extremely disappointing when you get this close to a world championship and you come up short," said Grossman.

Oh I see the Super Bowl is the "World Championships" now is it ?

Can any Americans who frequent our hallowed site tell me when England, France, Spain, Russia, Brasil, Argentina, Australia, Japan et all, got knocked out in previous rounds of this "World" participating event? I cannot seem to find the info strangely enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
I think they may mean that it is viewed world wide?

a 7th of the world watching it, surely world wide?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Tricky Dicky said:
I very much doubt that - possibly a 7th of the world had the capability of watching it, but I bet 90% couldn't give a toss.

I'm qouting sky sports

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Ding Dong ! said:
"It's extremely disappointing when you get this close to a world championship and you come up short," said Grossman.

Oh I see the Super Bowl is the "World Championships" now is it ?

Can any Americans who frequent our hallowed site tell me when England, France, Spain, Russia, Brasil, Argentina, Australia, Japan et all, got knocked out in previous rounds of this "World" participating event? I cannot seem to find the info strangely enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

It probably will be before long though. The NFL London game later this year is the first step towards introuducing franchises out of America, especially if that game sells out at best part of £50 a ticket.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You can just see the Americans expanding the game into countries where they currently have interests, new franchises such as the London Limeys, Guantanamo Jailbirds, Baghdad Bombers...enough!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not really a fan of gridiron, too many interruptions, just seems like a game for bovine Americans to sit around for hours eating burgers and drinking beer and shouting "Yeah! whoop! Yeah" at the top of their lungs whilst some massive black blokes intermittently run a few yards then fall over.

I do know that the equally inappropriately named "World Series" in baseball, is so named because it was for many years sponsored by thr "New York World" Newspaper.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ahh right, it hacked the Yanks off no end when the Toronto Blue Jays won it in the early 90's, they then dominated the game for several seasons. Unfortunately there was then a strike by the players and things were never quite the same again.

My one and only baseball game as a spectator was the home opener for the Blue Jays against the California Angels in the 96 season. The game was on a weekday, it was odd to be surrounded by blokes in suits who had skived off work and kept hiding their faces when the cameras came anywhere near them.

Albion Rob

I actually had a hypo last night and caught 10 minutes of this match.

Why on earth was there an American commentator? Do the Yanks watch the FA cup Final with Motty flirting with Lawro all afternoon?

Why not just get an English perosn to do it, then he could =have explained what was going on too.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well ... it IS the World Championship isn't it? I don't see many other gridiron teams in places like Russia or Australia saying "we'd have won if they'd let us enter".

Just saves all those tedious qualifying rounds. Ditto baseball.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Albion Rob said:
Why not just get an English perosn to do it, then he could =have explained what was going on too.
They do on Sky...the only Englishman ever to have commentated on American football on American telly, no less. And, declaring an interest, a close relative of mine and a phenomenally good bloke too.:bowdown:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
They do on Sky...the only Englishman ever to have commentated on American football on American telly, no less. And, declaring an interest, a close relative of mine and a phenomenally good bloke too.:bowdown:
What Nick Halling? If so I'm SERIOUSLY impressed. He really knows his stuff.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brovian said:
... *cough* Wembley tickets *cough*
Er, yes...I think there might be a bit of a queue...I'll let you know. :) I'm already seriously in his debt after being ludicrously-well fed and watered by him backstage at St Mary's when we last played there. I even got to meet Francis Benali. :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here