Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NFC issue

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Any suggestions from the good people of NSC? Phone season ticket just won't work (the code does so it's not the end of the world). Tried it against Man City, Getafe and again today but the NFC won't work. Its a relatively modern Android phone and clearly the NFC thingy works on it because I can use the phone to pay for stuff in shops using contactless but when I tap it at the Albion nothing happens. There's no case on the phone blocking any signal so I'm out of ideas - any thoughts?

My phone is direct from Google, less than a year old, NFC clearly works for all kinds of other uses. Placed my phone on the 'tap here' part of the reader - nothing happened.

Placed the phone inside the recess in the reader, worked instantly :shrug:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Screenshot_20210822-000052.png

At which point will the Watford ticket be dynamically replaced Everton ticket?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At which point will the Watford ticket be dynamically replaced Everton ticket?

Both my tickets, on the one iPhone, have already.

Delving into the background via the three dots thing, top right, and it says:

This pass has been updated on 21 Aug, 21:46.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I said earlier one has already but the other hasn't I guess because it hasn't registered me as entering the Amex.

It doesn't strike me that the two things should be linked, as it's quite common that a STH might not attend a game.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd hazard a guess that the club will have some manual administrative functions that will be looked at during regular business hours between now and Saturday, which will ensure that all STHs have the required access on their devices.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It doesn't strike me that the two things should be linked, as it's quite common that a STH might not attend a game.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd hazard a guess that the club will have some manual administrative functions that will be looked at during regular business hours between now and Saturday, which will ensure that all STHs have the required access on their devices.

Yes I thought that as well. I did then check again a few minutes after I posted and it had changed so I put an edit on my post. I also noticed that it showed the Watford entry time as well now. Must admit I'm really pleased we don't need to download every match which I though we would have to do to start with.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
My android NFC worked perfectly as did my wife's non NFC.

On a related note does anyone know how to delete Watford parking ticket from Google Pay. Since they don't scan parking tickets it could be there forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here