Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next years Sports personality nominations

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lets face, we all thought it was a shit selection this year, so lets have a look at the TREATS we've got in store for us over the next calendar year:

Football failure. I'm sure with that ruddy-faced tit, Steve McClaren in charge, failure to qualify for the Euros are a nailed on certainty. So the football nomination will go for David James - for not being picked and for being able to read his broadsheet newspaper. Most footballers can't even hold it the right way up.

Rugby failure. Marvel at how the "World Champions" England scrape into the knock out phase before being humiliated by Western Samoa. Wales will lose to Argentina in the last 8, and Scotland will have the unfortunate luck to be drawn against NZ in the last 8, although no-one will have predicted their slightly one sided 119-3 defeat. Ireland will make the final but will do so with nobody from Ulster playing a prominent role.

Rugby League. More marvellous third out of three action in next seasons tri-nations tournament. We might scrape a draw in one of the dead rubbers towards the end of the round robin bit.

Cricket boredom. Fresh from a humilating 5-0 whitewash in Oz (completed in January), England will be PONY in the summer. However, that's alright because the nation will no longer give a shit now that a) we're shit and b) the ECBs piss poor decision to give ALL cricket TV rights to Sky comes home to roost.

So the winner will be...
Dwayne Chambers - for getting himself a multi million dollar contract with a nothing NFL team simply because he can run fast and catch a ball.

As usual, Phil Taylor and one of the snooker players will also be nominated.

So well done in advance, Dwayne. :clap:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You forgot the random bit of totty from some obscure sport - helps boost the viewer numbers you know.

How about Sarah Ayton, one of our best sailors:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhafc99 said:
You forgot the random bit of totty from some obscure sport - helps boost the viewer numbers you know.

How about Sarah Ayton, one of our best sailors:

As long as it doesn't include that boring BITCH who sailed round the world. I'm fed up with her.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dick Knights Mumm said:
I vote for Prince Andrew for winning the Lick-Spittlers Open.
Ah yes, for winning that particlar pro-celebrity tournament with one of the Dimbleby's. :nono:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Dont think Ronnie O'Sullivan will be winning it

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We must have a world marbles champion or something! Or maybe we're good at the Egg and Spoon Race ... or the Sack Race even ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Simster said:
As long as it doesn't include that boring BITCH who sailed round the world. I'm fed up with her.

What Captain Cook?

She was a drama queen and no mistake

:safeway

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What about that fat bird who does the tumbling...Beth Twiddleedeee.

i know she finished third this year, but as she is the only one who is any good at anything, then I am sure she is worthy.

Otherwise give it to Frank Bough

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Where's the option for Joel Lynch, after his £3 million move to Newcastle in January inspires them to a Champions League spot?!?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Andy Purvis - current Tiddlywinks WORLD champion.

A sport in which BRITAIN are dominant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here