Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year's Kit ... I know, but ...

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
... I'm getting concerned about this.

A quick scan on footballshirtculture.com has revealed some interesting stuff.

Firstly, our closest rivals; though both vile teams come from vile towns, their shirts are - and i say this begrungingly - pretty flair .

palace ...

Crystal-Palace-10-11-nike-kit-vote-1.jpg

and pompey ...

portsmouth-2010-kappa-home-kit-1.jpg

both are getting to the end of terrible seasons, these nice kits act as a light at the end of the tunnel (that and an FA Cup final obv.). Even the poxy GAC sponsor looks neat on the simple nike templates, and kappa - though causing problems for the more rotund supporter - have turned the skates into the bloody azzuri of england.

Further down the blog i came accross the usual errea shite, low and behold Cheltenham Town's humdinger of a jersey for 10/11

Cheltenham-Town-10-11-errea-kit-vote-3.jpg

Now, no doubt, many supporters on here will screech "but i like that" and "i don't want us in a nike shirt" but with our sponsor as bad as it's ever been, and errea unlikely to start consulting with Gucci for next seasons templates, i fear that we will be faced with another UNINSPIRING, BLAND, INCONSPICUOUS shirt, a shirt that will not sell, and most importantly a shirt that is not an ASPIRATIONAL product for the all-important younger fans.

Add to this the rumour that it'll be a Withdean special ... :facepalm: ... what do you all think about the EVIDENCE that i've put in front of you?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I share your concerns, Mr House, but as I have said elsewhere I do like the fact that our errea home kits are always unique to us. In a way, I would like us to have a similar effort to Burney's current errea kits, but with stripes. Errea used to be the best kit maker around, however some of the newer and smaller kit designers (butka, vernandel, cambrini) are topping them in design stakes at the moment.

Portsmouth's kit yesterday was very nice, at first I was a bit disconcerted with the kappa logo on the shoulders, but by half-time I had settled on the opinion that this was no worse than adidas putting their ruddy stripes on every kit's shoulders, shorts, socks, etc.

I'm glad that insider has confirmed that the kits should be out nice and early (see my query in ask the club), but I would like something a bit classic looking - although I fear the IT first logo perhaps may look better on a thoroughly modern effort.

Palaces new designs, despite being template kits (which are my pet football shirt hates) are very nice.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Now, no doubt, many supporters on here will screech "but i like that" and "i don't want us in a nike shirt" but with our sponsor as bad as it's ever been,

I have to say I like the striped shirts, with stripes on the back, would be happy with that.

As for sponsor as bad as it's ever been, what's wrong with them? Oh, and remember NOBO? Surely nothing comes close to that bad.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Actually James in pink is pretty flair.

chels-3.jpg

englandaway90-93.jpg

As for Errea, they've made good shirts before. Hell, if it wasn't for some total pleb deciding to leave the back white, the current home shirt would be quite good!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I disagree about the Pompey kit, I think those gold bits are really ugly.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Didn't pompey wear that at Wembley?

Yup, they are in their canterbury kit for the rest of the Premier League campaign, but wore that kappa number yesterday - it was supposed to be a 'one-off' but I wouldn't be surprised if we see it again for the final (presuming Pompey are drawn at 'home'). Kappa will be making Portsmouths kits from next season onwards.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have to say the Palace white shirt with diagonal blue and red is a class looking shirt, but hey so was our adidas all blue, our seventies all white was 'alright and the classic bukta took some beating ... away kit of all white please

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
All those Palace kits are nice, even if thee yellow one is a bit bland. I voted for the wide striped one and the sash, although the sash is going from the wrong shoulder. Not bad for generic kits.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Disgusting though it is to mention it, Palace have had some nice kits, and used the concept of claret/blue/white (then latterly red/blue/white) with some imagination.

Not as easy when you're only dealing with two colours (as with Brighton), but I'd like to see a simple blue-and-white striped shirt (no frills) or if not, then an imaginative variation on what we have wouldn't go amiss now and then.

What I don't like is the trims and flashes that have adorned our kits over the seasons - but then that's just me, I suppose.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not as easy when you're only dealing with two colours (as with Brighton), but a variation on what we have wouldn't go amiss now and then.

Agreed, I would buy an all-blue shirt once in a while. I would be straight down the club shop if we released one like Portsmouth latest effort.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our kit for next season is already decided on, is it not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here