Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NEXT (the high st chain)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I only ever buy stuff from Next when they have one of their mammoth sales, it does prove just how much things must be marked up when they can afford to flog them off at 70% off

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've got a pair of Next trousers, which I bought in a hurry. They're OK. Their other stuff is so bloody boring, though, and looks cheap even though it isn't.

Now Uniqlo, on the other hand, is bloody great. Three t-shirts for £9. Sweatshoptastic.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
I only ever buy stuff from Next when they have one of their mammoth sales, it does prove just how much things must be marked up when they can afford to flog them off at 70% off

We flog them off at at least 50% off sometimes as high as 70%,
but still make more money on that day than a normal day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Quite. Sure sign Next are regarded as overpriced, when there's a feeding-frenzy with people queueing at half six in the mornnig anytime there's a sale on.

Maybe if the clothes were cheaper in non-sale times they'd make more profit?

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Is it just me, or is the men's section full of over-priced, dubious designs for men possessing absolutely no imagination? £18 for a frickin t-shirt! And the less said about their £25 polo shirt designs the better.

At least in H&M you know what you're getting for your £3.99 - a t-shirt that will shrink, bobble and never sit right on your shoulders because they've stiched the arms on wrong, fantastic!
:thumbsup:

Has it taken you twenty years to realise that their offerings are utter shite?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
60 quid for a t-shirt...you having a laff!.
I wouldnt spend more than 20.
25 for jeans
30 for trainers
normally i try and spend less though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The only time the prices are reasonable in Next are when they have a sale , why dont they follow the example of the furniture outlets and just have an all year round sale ? What I find funny is a £18 t-shirt reduced to £6 in a sale when it been knocked up in an Asian sweatshop for about 50p. Still , there has to be a profit margin.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Profile & M&S to mix it up.

I spend loads on clothes as they are on the whole better quality.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Next corded jeans are great, about £20-30 (dont recall) fit well and wear really well. nearly everything else is overpriced shite.

@ £60 for a t-shirt, you're a right mug.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Next corded jeans are great, about £20-30 (dont recall) fit well and wear really well. nearly everything else is overpriced shite.

Most of the NEXT sale is the biggest load of Bollocks ever! If you don't get the good stuff that's sold in the first 2 hours the rest is stuff without NEXT labels and lookes really cheap!

I have to say, Sweatshoptastic is probably the best word i've heard since Cockjugglingthundercunt!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good god! You guys must be earning a pretty penny to think that!

I would generally not pay more than £10-12 for a t-shirt, unless it was one I really wanted. Shirts (as in casual) I would not pay more than £25 for. Jeans about the same (might be pushed to £30). I do most of my shopping in the sales!

I like a lot of the clothes in Next, but I very rarely buy anything in there as they never have sales on! Much prefer Burtons myself.

My comment about an £18 t-shirt being a bargain was exceptionally tongue in cheek, would never pay close to that for a t-shirt. Agree with you on prices - £12 tops for t-shirt, shirt £25 tops and only over £30 for jeans if I have to and TK Maxx have let me down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I only buy suits and work shirts from next - nothing else as poor quality.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

You do realise you've used the words, corded-jeans-great all in the same sentence?

:afro:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here