Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season Parking

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why not park along near sainsburys Lewes road and get the 25 along?

I used to live virtually next door to Sainsbury's. there's no parking round there that I'm aware of.

Whilst I understand that people think it's their right to park anywhere, it was part of the planning approval that there should be no major increase in numbers parking in Coldean and Moulsecoomb. It had nothing to do with inconsiderate parking, just numbers. Those who have been parking there have added to the cost for all of us who have managed to get to the ground without resorting to parking where we've been asked not to. It only takes a few minutes to get to Mithras / Cockroft from there and I managed to get to a game by kickoff having parked just 15 minutes before kickoff earlier this season.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
an A23 P&R would be amazing. Also - does anyone know when the Woodingdean limestone track might get laid. Nice easy 2 mile walk from Woodingdean, which can't be done when wet at the moment

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I used to live virtually next door to Sainsbury's. there's no parking round there that I'm aware of.

Whilst I understand that people think it's their right to park anywhere, it was part of the planning approval that there should be no major increase in numbers parking in Coldean and Moulsecoomb. It had nothing to do with inconsiderate parking, just numbers. Those who have been parking there have added to the cost for all of us who have managed to get to the ground without resorting to parking where we've been asked not to. It only takes a few minutes to get to Mithras / Cockroft from there and I managed to get to a game by kickoff having parked just 15 minutes before kickoff earlier this season.

Some of us don't have much of a choice and contribute to the overall transport cost within there season ticket

Some of us don't have much of a choice and contribute to the overall transport cost within there season ticket

Sorry but you seem to be making out you're a bit of a victim here. We all have the same choices and everyone who has a ticket contributes equally to the cost of the transport management scheme because we all (even Beach Hut) use/require/depend on it to some degree. The costs, fines etc to date associated with the cpz's in Coldean and Moulsecoomb have been met be the Club and form part of the £9.1M loss for 2011/12 and/or whatever gets posted for 2012/13. The increase in the transport scheme "levy" for 2013/14 is intended, amongst other things, to cover the annual cpz running costs.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but you seem to be making out you're a bit of a victim here. We all have the same choices and everyone who has a ticket contributes equally to the cost of the transport management scheme because we all (even Beach Hut) use/require/depend on it to some degree. The costs, fines etc to date associated with the cpz's in Coldean and Moulsecoomb have been met be the Club and form part of the £9.1M loss for 2011/12 and/or whatever gets posted for 2012/13. The increase in the transport scheme "levy" for 2013/14 is intended, amongst other things, to cover the annual cpz running costs.

The fact is that there is no need for CPZs in those areas, and also no way the club should be paying for them, it is just wrong plain and simple, and they never should have put themselves in that position both for themselves and on behalf of the fans they should have been trying to help. I can say this, because I have consistently said it from the start. I simply don't believe that planning approval would have been denied on that one single issue. And that's the difference, some people are just accepting the divide and rule blame tactics being employed, and some people aren't having it because it doesn't wash. I'm sure if you added up the money poured into the club by all those who have parked in Coldean and Moulsecoomb over the past two years in tickets, programmes, catering, and merchandise spend in the store it would make that cost look pretty silly anyway, and for the club to demonise them and spin against them, their own proper fans, is disgusting. Since we have built a stadium in a place with some transport and parking issues, maybe that is just one area were some additional costs are something you have to swallow.

We do not all have the same choices, as journeys are different, and we do not all have the same income to waste money on such high parking costs. The P&R from the north is inadequate, with Mill Road often full. I note plans for another, but they are plans, it is not sorted yet.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There may be another park & ride in place by next season. Hopefully on the A23.

Where on the A23? It's the only place I'd even consider using.

I understand that Hickstead was ruled out - too far away to permit buses to make two trips and therefore too expensive.

Apart from that where is there? Nothing at Pyecombe that I'm aware of, except for that disused quarry on the east side of the A23 just north of Pyecombe. Maybe that's what's being considered?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The fact is that there is no need for CPZs in those areas, and also no way the club should be paying for them, it is just wrong plain and simple, and they never should have put themselves in that position both for themselves and on behalf of the fans they should have been trying to help. I can say this, because I have consistently said it from the start. I simply don't believe that planning approval would have been denied on that one single issue. And that's the difference, some people are just accepting the divide and rule blame tactics being employed, and some people aren't having it because it doesn't wash. I'm sure if you added up the money poured into the club by all those who have parked in Coldean and Moulsecoomb over the past two years in tickets, programmes, catering, and merchandise spend in the store it would make that cost look pretty silly anyway, and for the club to demonise them and spin against them, their own proper fans, is disgusting. Since we have built a stadium in a place with some transport and parking issues, maybe that is just one area were some additional costs are something you have to swallow.

We do not all have the same choices, as journeys are different, and we do not all have the same income to waste money on such high parking costs. The P&R from the north is inadequate, with Mill Road often full. I note plans for another, but they are plans, it is not sorted yet.

You've explained it far better than i could have

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Mildly distractingly enough, I've just written to SDNPA to find out when work will start on that. They approved it months ago.

thanks for doing that. i travel down from bucks and park at a mate who lives in woodingdean. that path would sort all kinds of problems - and not just on match days. looking forward to hearing a response - though i suspect not a fast one!

just listened to the last show while walking the dog - very good stuff. Although a shame you can't also review the matches (i.e.. have a longer show).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Maybe..but that's what the post says...I do wonder how much parking is going on in those areas ..I've not noticed any increase since our capacity was lifted..I still park in the same area ..with plenty of spaces.... I not sure what I will b doing next season ..probably end up looking for someone with a visitors permit to sell ..anyway that's my problem ..I'll watch with interest
You could always try the park and ride. Its free, and a good service.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
thanks for doing that. i travel down from bucks and park at a mate who lives in woodingdean. that path would sort all kinds of problems - and not just on match days. looking forward to hearing a response - though i suspect not a fast one!

just listened to the last show while walking the dog - very good stuff. Although a shame you can't also review the matches (i.e.. have a longer show).

Seconded...it's always worth a listen

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lol..if that was feasible then I wudnt b on this thread :)

Upon reflection I think there will b visitor/day vouchers or whatever they are called up for grabs ..mouth zipped in the meantime
Sorry I don't know your circumstances. As a bit of context to my previous post, I drive from South Wales to games (probably only been ten times this season) and use the race hill p&r. Another thirty minutes waiting for me is neither here or there, since I know a match pretty much wipes out the whole day.

I'm probably not the best person to be commenting on this thread tbh.

:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not extended. The original planning permission was always granted until the end of the 2013-14 season, to be followed by restoration to agricultural land.

There are still lots of unused parking spaces at Sussex University and at the Racecourse. And it's much more convenient to get out of Sussex University than Bennetts Field (where the queueing time is much longer).

I will not be surprised if the club successfully seek to extend this arrangement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here