Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Sale Fucktards

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have to say that the fuss about the Next sale leaves me almost at a loss for words, I can' think of anything that they sell that I would want to wear, even at half the price they normally charge. The days when Next clothes were well made and fashionable are long behind them, now it is little more than an upmarket Primark or Matalan.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
People buy 100 things that usually sell at £20, for £10 each, then sell on ebay for £15 each plus postage spread throughout year. Make £500 profit. Scale that up to coats and prom dresses or items in sale at better than 50% off and you can earn a tidy amount of money. Would I imagine take alot of time and effort, and be more sense to get a regular stable job but that's the kind of thing I think the poster is suggesting.

Fuckin hell does that really happen? Wow. Boxing day sounds like my idea of shopping hell!!!!!!!! I wanna get in, choose a top, pay for it and get out all within 3 minutes, or else i go to the nearest pub!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I really like NEXT and buy most of my clothes from there and do like a bargain in the sale sometimes. I don't need to go on my computer and act like a snob or some sort of fashion guru to make me feel important like some on this thread XXX

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Indeed, people spending money they don't have on crap they don't need - just because it's "on sale". If there is something you were going to buy anyway, and it's a good price, then fair enough, but other than that I don't understand it.

Precisely this! My missus comes home from 'sale' shopping looking mightily pleased and spouting how much money she has saved. She looks at me blankly when I tell her she has still spent £100 she didn't intend to spend so has in fact not saved anything and we are £100 worse off! Like most women she simply doesn't get that logic, I have advised a career in banking, oh hold on she already works in banking!

Fuckin hell does that really happen?

that's all that happens these days. you can't by a ticket for a gig or a match these days without getting it second hand on ebay. Even trying to get a cash bet on at early prices is nigh on impossible these days with bozo's running from bookies to bookies first thing in the morning hoping to then nick a tenner by then laying on Betfair.

Lush

Mods' Pet
People buy 100 things that usually sell at £20, for £10 each, then sell on ebay for £15 each plus postage spread throughout year. Make £500 profit. Scale that up to coats and prom dresses or items in sale at better than 50% off and you can earn a tidy amount of money. Would I imagine take alot of time and effort, and be more sense to get a regular stable job but that's the kind of thing I think the poster is suggesting.

That sounds like a LOT of hard work. Add in the eBay and Paypal fees. The effort of postage and packing. And the risk of seeing your £20 item - that you paid £10 for - going for £2.99. Still if people are prepared to do it - and buyers still get a bargain via eBay then everyone's a winner I suppose. At least people are doing something to make some extra cash. Wonder what the rules are if you sell your own stuff/or stuff you've bought on eBay re benefits?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Does anyone actually know what bullshit like this ACTUALLY MEANS - or is it just the pretentious shite that it appears to be?

Help??!!

It's the trend of people buying up cheap saleable gear and selling it on eBay for profit. These people are known to lurk about at car boot sales.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's the trend of people buying up cheap saleable gear and selling it on eBay for profit. These people are known to lurk about at car boot sales.

Just as more experienced car booters used to lurk about and buy stuff - then put it on their own stall at an inflated price. The good thing about eBay is at least a market has been created for people's unwanted stuff - rather than it sitting on a car boot stall all day with no buyers, ultimately to end up on land fill.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I really love the word 'fucktard' by the way. It's a new one on me. I will be making every attempt to incorporate it into my everyday speech as often as possible.

Erm.... Car boot sales are the same thing, except not an actual auction. eBay is an online 'boot fair', and beauty is - as ever - in the eyes of the beholder when it comes to their choice to buy or not. Does anyone prefer to be offered fashionable fodder, as selected by the general high-street stores, or have the ultimate freedom of choice in browsing the comparitive lack-of-limitation in what's available online - and without having to spend more carbon monoxide, expense, time crowding down the shops for their limited selections?

Recycling - another way to lower global warming emissions, waste in unnecessary manufacturing? Trend vs trend, I'm as happy to find it available online as anywhere - then use the time NOT spent hustling down the high-street, to do something worthwhile....or at least of my own choosing.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I was at this store at 07.45 this morning. Picked up about 6 items and tried to pay for them. EVERYONE queueing up had a bag full of about 100 things and it became obvious ill be waiting for at least an hour and a half just to buy my few items. Put my items back where they were as it really wasnt worth it.

People that buy that much stuff are pathetic pykie chavs no less.

And they will be back to return most of it in a couple of days. They only pick up so much stuff to stop anyoneelse buying it. nob heads.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
its supposed to be spring and the aim is direct competition with marks and sparks.

I didn't know when it was due to open, just not this year. Next spring/summer sound about right. Not sure they're in the same market as M&S really for most things.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Erm.... Car boot sales are the same thing, except not an actual auction. eBay is an online 'boot fair', and beauty is - as ever - in the eyes of the beholder when it comes to their choice to buy or not. Does anyone prefer to be offered fashionable fodder, as selected by the general high-street stores, or have the ultimate freedom of choice in browsing the comparitive lack-of-limitation in what's available online - and without having to spend more carbon monoxide, expense, time crowding down the shops for their limited selections?

Recycling - another way to lower global warming emissions, waste in unnecessary manufacturing? Trend vs trend, I'm as happy to find it available online as anywhere - then use the time NOT spent hustling down the high-street, to do something worthwhile....or at least of my own choosing.

Erm...NMH, why have you swapped your Hitler motif for a nice one of a dog?
Also, what is 'lack-of-limitation' in layman's terms?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here