• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lord Liverpool was a Tory but he's perhaps not the best example to quote. He left a party in a state of disarray - a situation that was set to get worse until stabilised by the arrival of Disraeli.

I stand corrected - I was hinting at Blair but am obviously wrong. That said I'm not sure Lord Liverpool had the same type of media to contend with !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I stand corrected - I was hinting at Blair but am obviously wrong. That said I'm not sure Lord Liverpool had the same type of media to contend with !

You can say that again - they didn't even have news on the front page then

I've just looked it up and I was wrong. According to Wikipedia, Walpole was the longest serving PM - but I think that stretches the definition of PM a bit, in the early stages he was more like a glorified adviser. Pitt is the second longest but that was was over two terms (although his first term was longer than Liverpool's).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He's actually not really a politician of any sense whatsoever. He doesn't even do sound bites, he is lost, he's a little pixie in his own world. The only commie in his own party, so long as he has a place in British politics long live his opposition. Michael Foot comes to mind.

Exactly, a modern day M Foot. Hopefully he falls as flat. I suspect every other Labour leader in the past would have loved to be up against the shambles that 8s the current Tory party but he is so incompetent he is looking as bad as they are

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Fingers crossed that Justine Greening throws her hat in the ring. I think she’s comfortably better than any of the candidates who have so far come out as contenders for the Tory throne.

Too much of a remainer I'm afraid, she's publicly said she would quit the Tories in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Boris in Court....

"Boris Johnson has been ordered to appear in court over claims he lied by saying the UK gave the EU £350m a week".....says the BBC.

Of course, it's subjective, but the idea of taking politicians to court for lying?!! Where would that end? have we enough courts?
Apparently crowdfunded to the tune of £200k, I would wonder who pays if he's cleared and gets expenses?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Too much of a remainer I'm afraid, she's publicly said she would quit the Tories in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Also said in July last year parliament is deadlocked and 2nd ref is the only way out. Tories aren't interested in facing reality,she has no chance

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
*** MORE BREAKING NEWS ***

The courts aren't big enough to facilitate those MP's guilty of misconduct in public office , so all charges have been dropped .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I see that the spectacularly misnamed James Cleverly has declared himself. They've stopped scraping the barrel and are now looking under it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Rory Stewart is the best qualified potential PM. He is well travelled, worldly, culturally aware and multilingual, and has worked harder than all the other candidates who have only worked within their little well paid cozy comfort zones. .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So that’s why the Tories stopped building prisons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it ain't going to happen but suppose it did and he got put away for 2 years, I mean just how funny would that be.
I'm chuckling just thinking about it he would have plenty of people willing to rough his hair up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here