Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next leader of the Labour party

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But it really has gone quiet over the last few weeks, so was your infantile comment really necessary?

As it happens, [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] and I had a discussion about the Sun where he said he loves the suduko. He'll get the joke hopefully and not take offense or consider it infantile.

What you doing on the Labour leader thread anyway, there's plenty of other threads for you to be getting offended at on behalf of others. :thumbsup::whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
aka snide bullying, especially if a differing political is held.

I do not take offense at such posts so it is not a problem to me and I do admit I do read The Sun sports section and do their sudukos as well as saving the vouchers for a £9.50 holiday. Incidentally we have changed our minds about France due to my health so we are going to Ilfracombe instead as wife says easier for medical help if needed.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I do not take offense at such posts so it is not a problem to me and I do admit I do read The Sun sports section and do their sudukos as well as saving the vouchers for a £9.50 holiday. Incidentally we have changed our minds about France due to my health so we are going to Ilfracombe instead as wife says easier for medical help if needed.

Ilfracombe, such a stunning part of the country. We were just up the road last summer in Minehead. Hopefully the brisk Atlantic sea air will do you some good (and hopefully not blow the Sun sports pages away...:whistle:).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely not, Harry.
'Our brilliant Beccy' as named by the old ghoul McDonnell, is getting quite a bit of stick, bordering on piss taking in some of the media, or that is the impression I get.
You may be right though, if enough lunatics have taken over .........you know the rest!:ohmy:

Piss take you say? ???

RLB.jpg

Cyberman.jpg

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hove CLP nominate Starmer as leader, Raynor as deputy.

Thought they’d been taken over by the all powerful Momentum from the posts on here?

Burgon got the lowest votes 1st round for deputy and was eliminated, Kier beat LB in the 2nd round for leader with twice the number of votes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Newsnight, just started, has the 4 candidates together for questioning.

Nandy and Thornberry just said they knew all along that Labour were going to lose the GE. Thornberry said she told “them”, but wasn’t listened to.

Just turned over, I like a comedy program

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blonde one is too corporate, Thornberry is a fruitcake, Starmer is smarmy so whoever the brunette is should be elected

I thank you

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All now want to be really tough on Labour anti semites and said they’d failed on that. Why weren’t they so assertive and open on that before the GE? Instead very defensive and whataboutism.

It's as if they just haven't realised that the anti-Semitism row had nothing to do with losing the election. They'd let down their core vote left right and centre, both on Brexit, and by being a London-centric chattering-classes Guardian-reading version of Labour which many Labour voters just didn't recognise - as well as producing a 'manifesto' that was actually a wish-list, which people saw right through.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's as if they just haven't realised that the anti-Semitism row had nothing to do with losing the election. They'd let down their core vote left right and centre, both on Brexit, and by being a London-centric chattering-classes Guardian-reading version of Labour which many Labour voters just didn't recognise - as well as producing a 'manifesto' that was actually a wish-list, which people saw right through.

Singularly, many items on the wish list were liked. But voters deemed it not credible/affordable in its entirity.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Singularly, many items on the wish list were liked. But voters deemed it not credible/affordable in its entirity.

Yes, exactly. Free this, that and the other would be very popular ........ sadly just unbelievable. TBH, though, if they could deliver 'the other' free I'd be tempted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here