Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next in the door?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Assuming Bennett and Buckley deals go through...

1 x LB (first-choice competition)
1 x CB (experienced at Championship-level)
1 x DCM (first-choice competition)
1 x LW (LuaLua!)
2 x strikers (we need 4 first-choice competitors in all, and have just 2)

That's the 6 players Gus was talking about, surely?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A mate with Yorkshire connections tells me Tommy Spurr is leaving Sheffield Wednesday. Based on age, experience and creative talent, just the type of LB I imagine Gus would be interested in.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
You don't know if Painter can cut it in the Championship?

F*cking hell. He was one of our best players last season. If he can't cope we need a new back 4.

I fully agree, was the most solid player week in week out last season, he does so much work unoticed, I would say a right back is more important than a left back and an experience striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope that there won't be another one going out of the door as a new one comes in, it seems to be turning into a bit of a trend this close season.

Who is our third best player anyway, Calderon? Rumours have already started about him :lolol: (I'm not sure that's quite as funny as the smilie would have you believe)

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Me too. Hoskins is a good capture but is not the main striking target for us. Also we are definitely speaking actively to several targets. This info came from a club director.

Who? FFS everyone saying theyve been told this? Give me some names, i cant stand all this cloak and dagger stuff :shootself

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What's Painter done for you to think he's not good enough for the Championship. He's played every bloody game for us and we won league one?!

If we had to sign a fullback I'd like us to pick over Watfords remains again and sign Doyley. He'd be a snip for £1m!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bnelieve we need a goal poacher type striker in the Billy Sharp mould and also a younger version of Tarrico who can cover at either left or right back and is comfortable in either position.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I fully agree, was the most solid player week in week out last season, he does so much work unoticed, I would say a right back is more important than a left back and an experience striker.

We have plenty of players who can play RB tho'

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Care to divulge

I can't as he wouldn't tell me. He has been correct so far re Murrey, Bennett and the Will's. He said today that the club had thought all along Lua Lua was a shoe in but that pratt Pardew has gone and changed his mind in the last week or so and is trying to put something together. Of course re Lua Lua this could all be about him and his agent playing us off against Newcastle to obtain better terms ( from whichever club he wants to be with ).

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
I'm not sure a CB will be that high on Gus wish list. He seems to rate Dunk pretty highly so you'd think his hat would be thrown into the mix for playing time at that position.

I am Pretty sure Gus said that he would get in one more decent defender because he couldnt rely on Greer El-abd and Elphic to be injury free during the season. And i dont want to say this but Dunk is no where close to being up to it in the champions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here