Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next in the door?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
So if the inevitable happens and the Buckley and Bennett deals go through who do you think will be next in the door?

For me whilst im sad to see Elliott go Buckley is an exciting prospect. With a front 4 of Barnes, Hoskins, Buckley and Noone (so far) where do you feel we need to strengthen?

Ill start: A quality left back (unsure whether Painter will cut it in the champ)
A centre back to compete with El Abd and Greer for starting position
Creative centre midfielder, bit of flair, eye for a pass etc
1 winger and 1 or 2 out and out strikers.

Not sure who fits the bill but would love to see KLL back either on loan or permanent, Maybe a look at Rhodes or Pilkington at Huddersfield, Lee Hodgson of Watford, versatile defender and highly thought of. Jack Cork has a small chance if you believe some rumours.

Anyway thoughts!!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm not sure a CB will be that high on Gus wish list. He seems to rate Dunk pretty highly so you'd think his hat would be thrown into the mix for playing time at that position.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Agree mostly with what you've said. Most important for me is a creative attacking midfielder, is it too early for Jake Caskey to make that step for now?

Would be happy to see a midfielder capable of playing on either side as opposed to an all-out attacking winger, all depends on what formation Gus has in mind for us to play.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Not rumours just my wish list

Jason Pearce and Marc Pugh - Bournemouth

Joe Mason - Plymouth

Jack Cork - Chelsea

and Don Cowie is another name that has been bandied about by Watford fans

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Not rumours just my wish list

Jason Pearce and Marc Pugh - Bournemouth

Joe Mason - Plymouth

Jack Cork - Chelsea

and Don Cowie is another name that has been bandied about by Watford fans

Noticed Don Cowie`s name quite a bit on the Football League show recently.
Do the Watford fan`s think we are getting him too then?
Where does he play?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I'll be more happy when a couple of decent Championship experienced defenders are added to the squad.At this level 1 or 2 steading heads are needed, if only while the rest of the squad get used to the higher level. A few early injuries and we could be in trouble.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
next in the door?

Am sorry to see benno go but thats football better go now then in the jan sales, but we must welcome buckley to the club ,he has played in the championship which will help the players. Agree with your positions for cover (Coleby 1007) as we say every summer they are out there somewhere,all that Gus and his team have to do is find them.

Read in todays Argus that KLL is staying at Newcastle, he played the two games last season but i myself thought that his game was out of his depth,:bhasign:
but that was on the league show.

El Abd and Greer will be ok. Both looking forward in giving that judas a good kicking.

At the end of the day it,s up to gus and we have to trust he gets the right people.

BHAFC4EVER

BOO!
Jan 20, 2009
RH20
We was linked to Bolasie but he has now joined Bristol City and also Bryson from Scotland but seems he may be joining Derby. On the subject though i would like to see Jack Cork through the door aswell as Owen please.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
You don't know if Painter can cut it in the Championship?

F*cking hell. He was one of our best players last season. If he can't cope we need a new back 4.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why you think Painter wont cut it I have no idea..probably about as consistent performer as I can remember for us in years.
And 1 of our only few players with any XP at Champ level.

Anyway if i have a wish list.....Killkenny, Cork, Lua Lua, Nile Ranger and a ball playing centre half please plus cover for the full backs.

SORTED

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Heiðar Helguson, experienced striker at division 2 (championship) level with Stephenson connections.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'm not sure a CB will be that high on Gus wish list. He seems to rate Dunk pretty highly so you'd think his hat would be thrown into the mix for playing time at that position.

Er I think it will be pretty high on his list. El-Abd and Elphick are both set to miss the start of the season, which leaves us with two fit centre backs. I would imagine we will be looking for an experienced utility player who can play anywhere in the back four, but it is another matter if a suitable candidate can be found.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
My main concern with Painter is he is so slow, as you go up the leagues there is a higher demand to be physically adept as well as technically. Pace, strength and power become far more important. Agreed Painter was one of our most consistant performers but a big reason is because we were playing poorer opposition thant compared with the coming season. I really do think he will be caught out far too often at a higher level.

After all if he was that good in the championship would Swansea of let him go?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
My main concern with Painter is he is so slow, as you go up the leagues there is a higher demand to be physically adept as well as technically. Pace, strength and power become far more important. Agreed Painter was one of our most consistant performers but a big reason is because we were playing poorer opposition thant compared with the coming season. I really do think he will be caught out far too often at a higher level.

I believe he was a starter until a long injury, during which time they had signed a new left back who was presumably better than Painter...ergo sent on loan to us and subsequently bought.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Noticed Don Cowie`s name quite a bit on the Football League show recently.
Do the Watford fan`s think we are getting him too then?
Where does he play?

Watford fans expressed a fear that we may be after Cowie as there is a rumour about a double signing and Stephenson Brought him to Watford. Cowie is a Scottish international midfielder and is highly rated by their fans, we would probably have to break our transfer record to get him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Swansea let him out on loan to regain fitness after a long term injury. He was then out of contract and happy to join us. He has already got Championship experience.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Ive been told that were still in for a striker with Premiership experience...

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Not worried about Painter he'll be fine.
On my wishlist would be-
Ings and Pugh from Bournemouth
Adam Smith from Tottenham as Right Back cover
Pilkington, Smithies and Peter Clarke from Huddersfield
Baldock from MK Dons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here