Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Re wages being discussed, I understand Ange P is on slightly less than Potter was at Brighton, so we can definitely offer him more cash. If he would come? I think if offered he probably would as managing in England would be a step up.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
How dare we believe. How dare we dream for more. What right our self belief?
How dare they. How dare the pundits, the so called experts, the washed up old pros, the outspoken nobodies telling us not to dream. How dare they tell us to know our place.
We dare and believe because Tony Bloom dares to believe; that we can beat the champions. That we can thrash United and beat them again, at their former fortress, a few matches later. To believe that we can finish in the top half, that we belong, and that we can do even better this season.
And how dare we not believe.
I'm team Gallardo and I believe.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It’s beyond laughable, similarly people suggesting we’re a bigger club than Forest. They must be having a field day on the Palace boards reading this delusional rubbish, as if we haven’t given them enough to laugh about already this past week.

:amex:

Funnily enough, there's a few on the Forest Fans Forum also saying we are a bigger club than Forest at the moment.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Personally, of the linked candidates, De Zerbi is the one I would want as I know more about him having watched Sassuolo a bit under him and I like everything I know and have read about him. From what I've seen of Bodo and recently read up on Knutsen since he was linked, I also like him as a second choice though and he seemed like the obvious one for us to go for.

Postecoglou I'm really not sure about as I never watch Scottish football and have no interest in it - from what I've read he doesn't especially excite. I watched the highlights of their game against Madrid and I appreciate they did ok. He seems to be very highly thought of though generally and some on here seem keen so can someone who is more clued up on him fill me in as to why he'd be a good option?

I like De Zerbi too. Allegedly interested. Watched a load of our games. Speaks Spanish. Prepared to play young players and our style. Experienced and available.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
De Zerbi

Polish_20220913_160135014.jpg

Negotiations must be going well :D

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But both those went to clubs that have plenty of cash to spend - Villa in particular have been throwing money about. But given the Albion's well reported salary levels, I'm staggered that we're paying more than a club that's in Europe every season - even given the compo that Chelsea have paid

Celtic's turnover last year about £50m ours £150m.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
amazing when you think £45million of that was battered mars bars.

Indeed very rough figures but there or there abouts.

They have a small debt especially against the perceived one we have, though obviously ours is to one man, the owner.

The ratio of wages to turnover will suggest we pay a lot more in wages. I expect some are on a good wage but then it falls off a cliff to the rest of the squad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How dare they. How dare the pundits, the so called experts, the washed up old pros, the outspoken nobodies telling us not to dream. How dare they tell us to know our place.
We dare and believe because Tony Bloom dares to believe; that we can beat the champions. That we can thrash United and beat them again, at their former fortress, a few matches later. To believe that we can finish in the top half, that we belong, and that we can do even better this season.

In the unlikely event Gallardo would want to come, it would definitely not be until their league season ends in six weeks. Would TB dare to go with Crofts until then? No idea. Maybe since a couple of the games in October are in the "probably won't win this regardless" terrirory.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
In the unlikely event Gallardo would want to come, it would definitely not be until their league season ends in six weeks. Would TB dare to go with Crofts until then? No idea. Maybe since a couple of the games in October are in the "probably won't win this regardless" terrirory.

I think it's as simple as this- in the unlikely event he did want to come and if we felt he was the best candidate you'd have to do that. I think the players would be incredibly motivated knowing he was coming in. Could the slightly rudderless spell unsettle us? Yes, but you'd have to fancy us being in pretty good shape come the end of the season. I believe that Bloom et al won't show any kind of inferiority complex in their search so an approach at least seems realistic. I am struggling to find arguments for his joining us beyond my blind faith and naivety.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I think it's as simple as this- in the unlikely event he did want to come and if we felt he was the best candidate you'd have to do that. I think the players would be incredibly motivated knowing he was coming in. Could the slightly rudderless spell unsettle us? Yes, but you'd have to fancy us being in pretty good shape come the end of the season. I believe that Bloom et al won't show any kind of inferiority complex in their search so an approach at least seems realistic. I am struggling to find arguments for his joining us beyond my blind faith and naivety.

Get a new coach in and will be ready to smash Chelsea off the park Oct 29th :thumbsup:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Gosh.

:moo:

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Haise was mentioned back in 2014 when we appointed Hyypia, recall that he was runner-up back then. Notwithstanding the 'he must be bad then' comments, this does show our leaders are interested in him. Maybe a rumour that has legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here