Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Fook me...Simon Jordon on Talksport just said Sean Dyche would be a good fit for Albion..... my head is still wobbling with dismay at this as a potential replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have to disagree, he has been a fantastic advocate for the game in Australia, as well as the players, not to mention his work helping refugees and asylum seekers. The two have changed their opinions of each other and talk of mutual respect. Also the principal Celtic shareholder has stated that this interview helped persuade him that Ange was the right fit for the club.

You can disagree , i know people who have worked with him.

That interview must be from 20 years ago.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hard not to think back to when Peter Taylor took over from Micky Adams #1 around this time of year. Taylor was left under no illusions by Dick Knight that he was expected to do not much more than a steering job with minor tweaks in his first season (which turned out to be his last season by choice). Current side's not broke, next manager would be well advised not to fix it

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
How about this?

Luis Enrique

Obviously contracted to Spain. But after the world cup, most managers will leave.

We’ve got loads of Spanish speakers and players. We need someone with a bit of gravitas to stem the flow of players, and we need someone who knows how to play modern football.

My plan would be …. Bruno and Lallana until the world cup, then make a play for Enrique after Spain get knocked out (which I don’t think they will, which would scupper the whole plan).

The one thing we have is a few quid at throw at someone or existing employer to break a contract.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nuno Espirito Santo, anyone?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How about this?

Luis Enrique

Obviously contracted to Spain. But after the world cup, most managers will leave.

We’ve got loads of Spanish speakers and players. We need someone with a bit of gravitas to stem the flow of players, and we need someone who knows how to play modern football.

My plan would be …. Bruno and Lallana until the world cup, then make a play for Enrique after Spain get knocked out (which I don’t think they will, which would scupper the whole plan).

The one thing we have is a few quid at throw at someone or existing employer to break a contract.

Wouldn't Zinedine Zidane be a better option then? Available immediately. Or perhaps Hansi Flick - similar situation as Enrique - or Jurgen Klopp if he gets tired of Liverpool.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wouldn't Zinedine Zidane be a better option then? Available immediately. Or perhaps Hansi Flick - similar situation as Enrique - or Jurgen Klopp if he gets tired of Liverpool.

I just don't like them as much. I really like Enrique. I liked him as a player. I like the way his Spain side play. He's up and coming and although not easy to get, maybe get-able, which your suggestions aren't

We've obviously got a strong Spanish connection and I think we should be building on that with our managerial appointment.

He would be my choice

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not a lot of obvious choices on this thread. I am imagining it’ll be someone from Germany none of us have heard of.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Matthias jaissle who I hear you ask ? A top world class coach / manager

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
b25lY21zOmMxNjllMTI2LWQ3NDItNDY0YS05YTY5LTJmOTNmN2NmMjU3MjphYzRjMjM1Ny03MzRjLTQ3ZTUtYWZiMC01NWUz.jpg

Caretaker manager for next few games

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hard not to think back to when Peter Taylor took over from Micky Adams #1 around this time of year. Taylor was left under no illusions by Dick Knight that he was expected to do not much more than a steering job with minor tweaks in his first season (which turned out to be his last season by choice). Current side's not broke, next manager would be well advised not to fix it

Or indeed what Claudio Ranieri did at Leicester. True he wasn't taking over a side that had been successful the season before, but same players, same tactics and a lot of positivity went a very very long way indeed.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Just hope this does not impact the players too much, could have a massive impact on the team and results until
It’s settled given we have had pre season and only six games in a string of bad results now could have a rapid impact on our position. Looks like a chunk of the back room staff are also going with him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I say we bring back Gus, surely we've gone right through his ceiling, the bedroom above, the loft, up the chimney stack and are now in orbit around the moon... ? he'd be delighted.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't.

I hope he doesn't raid us for all our gems.

Chelsea have just spaffed £250m (plus compo for Potter and pay off for Tuchel). We know that Bloom drives a hard bargain, I can't see Chelsea wanting to hand over much more of their hard-earned to the Albion. He may nick a player but I can't see wholesale departures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here