Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Well he ain’t going to Barca or the others probably. Come to us as a stepping stone? We are used to that.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's like FM/champ man. Some of us start at Man City and some start in the Latvian fourth division. Let's hope he's one of the romantics.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I started watching, saw it was nearly 7 minutes long and thought "nah, I've got too much to do and won't get through all of this..."

Then got all the way to the end (well, the start of the Football Index ad anyway...)

Sing him up Tony!! What a MASSIVE coup that would be if we landed him.

I'd still be very happy with the much more likely Knutsen, while Gallardo is likely to roll up at PSG after the World Cup

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Reading about the Bodø/Glimt manager. This sounds promising….

Knutsen became head coach for Bodø/Glimt after Bjørkan became sports director.They finished the 2019 Eliteserien in second place, and Knutsen received the Eliteserien Coach of the Year award for this accomplishment.

In 2020 he led Bodø/Glimt to their first ever Norwegian national league title, in a record-breaking season where they lost only one game.In 2021 he led Bodø/Glimt to their second Eliteserien title following a 3–0 win over Mjøndalen.

In 2021, he led Bodø/Glimt to the club's first group stage in Europe, where his outfit became the first team in history to score six times against a José Mourinho side in a 6–1 victory against Roma at Aspmyra.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Missed this yesterday it seems- Potter most expensive manager signing ever. Crazy.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Missed this yesterday it seems- Potter most expensive manager signing ever. Crazy.

I think that says more about Bloom and Barber than anything else. Protecting our position with maximum compensation required. £22m I read. Handy boost to finance a signing or two for the new manager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I started watching, saw it was nearly 7 minutes long and thought "nah, I've got too much to do and won't get through all of this..."

Then got all the way to the end (well, the start of the Football Index ad anyway...)

Sing him up Tony!! What a MASSIVE coup that would be if we landed him.

I'd still be very happy with the much more likely Knutsen, while Gallardo is likely to roll up at PSG after the World Cup

He likes the midfield Diamond.... so does Nathan Jones

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
if GP replicates at Chelsea what he has done here (arguably on another level with the quality available), he could be up there with the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Maureen etc etc

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Some Twitter accounts saying that both Nathan Jones and Russell Martin have been granted permission to speak to us about the vacancy. Cooper also approached although permission not granted yet.
Crikey, that’s underwhelming.
Hopefully just reflecting that we are doing a full and thorough process and that there are other candidates. Luton and Swansea 6th and 7th bottom of the Championship at present.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some Twitter accounts saying that both Nathan Jones and Russell Martin have been granted permission to speak to us about the vacancy. Cooper also approached although permission not granted yet.
Hopefully just reflecting that we are doing a full and thorough process and that there are other candidates. Luton and Swansea 6th and 7th bottom of the Championship at present.

Some Twitter accounts also say the earth is flat though :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
if GP replicates at Chelsea what he has done here (arguably on another level with the quality available), he could be up there with the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Maureen etc etc

He's already on a par with them for me. In that I don't care about any of them and I don't care about him.

I'm glad we're run by adults. Had it been left to me, yesteday's press statements would have been a lot less grounded in gratitude and understanding and a lot more based on anger and betrayal. I didn't post because, after the news of him taking Bruno and Roberts with him, I was too angry to trust myself. Calmed down a bit now, but I still feel like he prioritised his loyalty to his staff over his debt to Tony Bloom. If it wasn't for yesterday's events, we would have been going into Saturday without a single senior coach on staff. A lot will just say 'That's football', but I've gone from wishing him well and being interested to see whether he is given the time to succeed at Chelsea, to having as little interest in his future as he has shown in ours.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Oh for fecks sake, please god absolutely NO

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

I’ve seen just one Twitter account mention Russell Martin....and he doesn’t know how to spell his name.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No chance we are going for Jones or Martin. It's typical Twitter guff off the back of their links to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here