• Don't give a shit

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
With Barack winning finally last night, it's now one v one - McCain v Obama

I'd say Obama myself, but I hope the whole Hillary Clinton refusing to concede hasn't cost the Democrats.

If you were American (or even if you are American) who would you vote for to be the new President of the United States ???

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Can anyone give me a run down on the policy differences between the Democrats and the Republicans, or should I just vote based on personality?

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's a no-brainer.

Just look at the cycle of American governments and you will see it is the turn of the puppet on the left to win

Can anyone give me a run down on the differences between the Democrats and the Republicans, or should I just vote based on personality?

If nothing else, Obama is less of an imperialist than the Republicans and I hope will remove (or at least weaken) the Trade Agreements that protect the US markets and help to ompose poverty on Africa and other parts of the third world.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Anyone else noticed how the Presidential race has copied the last season of the West Wing?

A tight democratic party contest won by a candidate from an ethnic minority followed by a final race against a veteran Senator from the left of the Republican party.

Oct 25, 2003
Can anyone give me a run down on the policy differences between the Democrats and the Republicans, or should I just vote based on personality?

party unity is fairly low in the US, but in general the republicans are further right than the democrats, you will get some democrats as far right as republicans and vise-versa

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

Well McCain has a dislike for homosexuals and also wants to restrict the number of immigrants going into the United States.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I hope it's Obama - I just fear that all the arguments between him and Clinton have gone on for so long that McCain may have had an advantage

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well McCain has a dislike for homosexuals and also wants to restrict the number of immigrants going into the United States.

So if you were a gay immigrant he would deffo give you the skunk eye?...unless you got in by the back door as they say.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Obama. After Iraq, Extraordinary Rendition, Abu Girab, Guantanemo Bay, etc America needs to apply for re-admission to the human race. Obama's the man to do it. Fresh broom and all that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're talking Establishment vs. The Unthinkable. I think McCain will win.

America seems to do things in stages, rather than making a huge leap. Jesse Jackson as a credible Democratic candidate paves the way for giving Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice positions of authority. This then paves the way for a black presidential candidate.

The same thing has happended with women. Female senators pave the way for Geraldine Ferrero, who then paved the way for Hillary Clinton.

I think Obama's role will to be to pave the way for the eventual first black US president, but this may still not be for many years to come. In the meantime I don't see that America has the stomach for taking the plunge and electing Obama.

I also think that it will take a moderate white democratic president like Clinton to push through gun law reform and make a strategic shift in foreign policy from unilateralism to NATO to change traditional US voter attitudes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is NO chance whatsoever of the USA electing a Black president. It will not happen. Nothing to do with politics this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here