Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newshound

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry - just added a few more feeds and when it makes a first pull from a new source it can grab some a few stories.

I've already decided to put them in a separate 'news' forum so they will be there if people are interested but won't clutter up the Big Board for those who aren't.

Sorry mate, wasn't really a need for me to start a new thread on it! Just didn't really understand what it was, for some reason I thought it was someone taking the piss out of Andy Naylor by posting news from about 3 months ago! Understand how it all works now, ta.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
:facepalm:

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are people not allowed an opinion then if it disagrees with yours?

Of course they are. This board is full of them. But if the board is awash with gimmicks and it offends you so, then go somewhere else.

I've already explained what is going on - NSC is costing lots to run, so it needs to be stickier to keep people here to earn enough revenue to pay the hosting bills. Some 'gimmicks' won't work, but they should be given a chance to see what value they add, if any. If they don't work for most then they'll be tweaked or removed.

One 'gimmick' I've installed, one that probably nobody who is moaning has noticed, has earned NSC £10 a day since I put it in. I'll do the math for you - if that continues that is three and a half grand a year. That means NSC should be able to stay alive. But I bet if I'd polled people on that idea I'd have been told it was "shit" by many.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Of course they are. This board is full of them. But if the board is awash with gimmicks and it offends you so, then go somewhere else.

I've already explained what is going on - NSC is costing lots to run, so it needs to be stickier to keep people here to earn enough revenue to pay the hosting bills. Some 'gimmicks' won't work, but they should be given a chance to see what value they add, if any. If they don't work for most then they'll be tweaked or removed.

One 'gimmick' I've installed, one that probably nobody who is moaning has noticed, has earned NSC £10 a day since I put it in. I'll do the math for you - if that continues that is three and a half grand a year. That means NSC should be able to stay alive. But I bet if I'd polled people on that idea I'd have been told it was "shit" by many.
Which one is that, the one that puts an advert in the first post if you're not registered?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bozza, I don't post that often, but love the site. Do whatever you need to do to keep NSC functioning and cost effective.

Thank you for the hard work......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here