Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newshound

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's a bot that finds Albion stories on the net and posts them here. It has split opinion. It doesn't appear to work very well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bozza Bozza

Newshound has gone berserk. :hilton:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - just added a few more feeds and when it makes a first pull from a new source it can grab some a few stories.

I've already decided to put them in a separate 'news' forum so they will be there if people are interested but won't clutter up the Big Board for those who aren't.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Now I'm even more confused.

I don't understand what's confusing. It's not a real person, it's a piece of software that finds Albion stories and posts them for our viewing. Except it usually gets beaten to it by humans anyway. And judging by what's just happened, it's been in a coma since April.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry - just added a few more feeds and when it makes a first pull from a new source it can grab some a few stories.

I've already decided to put them in a separate 'news' forum so they will be there if people are interested but won't clutter up the Big Board for those who aren't.

Best NSC decision since the one to close it down for the iPad 2 announcement. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Given that just now it's pulled up "Seagulls rebuffed in Buckley bid" and "Hoskins flies to Seagulls", along with stuff about Murray possibly moving to Croydump, I think we can conclude that it really isn't working properly.

Realistically, any piece of Albion news floating around is bound to get picked up in the normal course of things by someone on here anyway, so it's not really necessary. The latest in an increasingly long line of pointless crap gimmicks on here IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given that just now it's pulled up "Seagulls rebuffed in Buckley bid" and "Hoskins flies to Seagulls", along with stuff about Murray possibly moving to Croydump, I think we can conclude that it really isn't working properly.

With respect (i.e. I'm paying you none) it is working fine. As I say - when you point it at a new source it will drag a lot down because it simply says "have i had that yet?" and if the answer is 'no' then it pulls the item onto the board.

After that, it will only pull new stories which it looks for every 10 minutes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Realistically, any piece of Albion news floating around is bound to get picked up in the normal course of things by someone on here anyway, so it's not really necessary. The latest in an increasingly long line of pointless crap gimmicks on here IMO.

Oh, again, with respect - find another forum to make 16,157 posts on then. Ta.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I don't understand what's confusing. It's not a real person, it's a piece of software that finds Albion stories and posts them for our viewing. Except it usually gets beaten to it by humans anyway. And judging by what's just happened, it's been in a coma since April.

Just re-read what you wrote, sorry, I was trying to work out how a bot could have a split opinion!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
With respect (i.e. I'm paying you none) it is working fine. As I say - when you point it at a new source it will drag a lot down because it simply says "have i had that yet?" and if the answer is 'no' then it pulls the item onto the board.

After that, it will only pull new stories which it looks for every 10 minutes.

I just don't understand why it's necessary when every single piece of even vaguely Albion-tinted news gets picked up and discussed on here as it is, but whatever.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Now it has its own section, I think it will be ok. The news stories will be there for those who are interested and will not bother anyone who isn't.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Same software tv channel DAVE uses?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Cool idea - like the thought of putting it in a separate folder though, if we want to trawl through at our leisure then can do so....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here