Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Flash: Southampton Bribing League One Leaders

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
"He still has a lot to learn as I still have much to learn still. I'm still learning, I'm 27 and I still have a lot to learn, but for him to play with people like Radhi and people like me will help him to learn. He's a good player and he wants to learn."

Does anyone know what he's getting at?

Nope. Sort of comment you would expect from an ex-Palace player.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shirly something along the lines of -

I think we CAN (not will) catch them, BUT let's first make sure of automatic promotion.

Would cover both bases without building up hopes too much, but sounding confident.

I've just split my sides from laughing. What a very deluded club Scumhampton are. Let me remind them how far back they really are, TEN points!!!

And if we drop a few points in the several matches left, S'hampton become the form team of the division with promotion in sight for them (especially if they beat Bournemouth this week), they'd look at our match together as possible championship decider.

I would certainly not enjoy seeing your words repeated by Southampton fans laughing away with the trophy, comethe end of the season.

Really - a lot of you love to give it large about THEM giving it large! What's to say we are immune from any failings just because we are some points ahead of others? The margin is not so big, with the number of games left and a couple of 6-pointers in among them too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
southampton can f*** off and take their river plate copied kit with em

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It would be as honest as Ancelotti saying Chelsea probably can't catch Man Utd. No one is crucifying him for that are they?

Just trying to balance it out given the number of anti SCC threads we've had this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
At the start of the season, Saints were 11/4 favourites for Div 1 and we were 16/1 ( Hudd 9/1 Peterboro 11/1 and Brnmth 50/1 )
They were massive favourites and with their squad and resources, they should be pissing this league. And thats what all their fans thought as well......" we would have gone up without the 10 point deduction, we'll walk it this time etc etc "
Well they weren't expecting little ol' Brighton and Bournmth to give them a run for their money and they don't like it. They expected to bully this division and walk over everybody.
But then they decided to dispense with Mr. Pardew ( the one man who would have guaranteed them automatic promotion ) and appointed Mr Soundbite. A man who did alright at Scunthorpe on a limited budget, who interviews well, with that fixed grin and delighted expression of a man who knows he has fallen on his feet but is in above his head.
The Saints fans have fallen for the patter and believe he is doing ok....but in truth, he aint. He is very lucky in that he is managing some real talent i.e Lallana and Ox/Chamb. They are carrying him and his deficiencies. He is one dimensional and if they go up, he'll be gone by Crimble.
So they bloody well should have beaten Yeovil...but what happened at Walsall?
And talking to a Saints fan recently...he told me they were the best footballing side in the division!...doesn't that just sum it all up.
Come on then...catch us if you can.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would certainly not enjoy seeing your words repeated by Southampton fans laughing away with the trophy, comethe end of the season.
If that guaranteed us second, I'd take that in a heart beat.
Esp with, us + playoffs = penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here