Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newport County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So after the Villa cup game last season loads of you moaned about Potter picking a team of kids. Today he picks a strong team and loads of you still moan?! I have absolutely no doubt you’d also be moaning if he put out 11 stiffs or kids today. He literally can’t win, it’s pathetic.

Not read the thread, but feck me it’s a better team than we played vs Arse, what’s there to moan about?

Really excited for Zeqiri, Tau, Jenks and Khadra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
God I can’t stand Potter. Why the **** has he picked such a strong team. Want to win but who gives a shit about the FA Cup (sadly). He picks his reserves for Arsenal now this. WEVE GOT 2 PL games in 2 days you massive drip.

Apparently, he thinks you're a **** as well, but he's too classy to tell you!
A cup run is good for moral, winning helps with a winning culture and puts a feel good feeling into the squad. Maybe you should go and support watford, that way you've only got to wait a couple of minutes before you get your wish

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Crazy to play such a strong team- a couple of injuries could affect us staying up massively

Damned if he does...

It's the FA Cup. So you must play a strong team*

*If you care about the traditions of the game.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
God I can’t stand Potter. Why the **** has he picked such a strong team. Want to win but who gives a shit about the FA Cup (sadly). He picks his reserves for Arsenal now this. WEVE GOT 2 PL games in 2 days you massive drip.

and you're his son's godfather :down:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I just hope that we approach the game in the same way that Spurs just did.
For those that don't keep their eye on the lower divisions, Newport are a decent side and will be right up for this.

We're desperate for a win to boost confidence; a great opportunity today so decent strength team makkes sense. Still a few fringe in there so squad gets a run out. Imagine the moans if we'd put out the kids - Villa last season style - (myself included) as another loss would be a further dent to our confidence. Still expecting a tough game and I reckon we will concede; but have hope that we've enough on the pitch to edge it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Newport County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

So after the Villa cup game last season loads of you moaned about Potter picking a team of kids. Today he picks a strong team and loads of you still moan?! I have absolutely no doubt you’d also be moaning if he put out 11 stiffs or kids today. He literally can’t win, it’s pathetic.

They are going to lose their shit big time when Maupay is rested for Citeh in order to have him fresh & able to rack up the high mileage against Leeds & Fulham. Nostrikergate will be returning!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Line up

48934368672f1b1dcc4d6544ceb60ed5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently, he thinks you're a **** as well, but he's too classy to tell you!
A cup run is good for moral, winning helps with a winning culture and puts a feel good feeling into the squad. Maybe you should go and support watford, that way you've only got to wait a couple of minutes before you get your wish

Yup. I remember one of the first things he said at Swansea was that since they got relegated, they pretty much didnt have any memories of winning and were low on confidence... bit of the same thing tonight. A win would be nice for a lot of these win starved players.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Feel Potter has got the selection right, a win to give confidence. What be good to see Percy & Khadra get a run out in the 2nd half

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Crikey. Surprised at the strength of team picked by GP.
I’d be concerned about any injuries on this pitch.

But I believe we can use more subs in this game? Perhaps that’s the thinking.

Excited to see Zequiri get his first start. Bic Mac getting some game time. And really hope we see Khadra come off the bench for his debut, likewise of course The Lion.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Do you actually enjoy supporting our club? You never seem to be happy or upbeat about anything with Albion.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
You won't be saying that if Brighton line up in a semi-final or final later in the year.

If there are no fans allowed in I will. Fair play to Potter for going for it but if we lose players to injury and others to Covid that could seal our fate in the league. Still, let's give it a go today and I'll of course be supporting them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] Exactly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here