Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newmarket Inn - how long to walk to Amex?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It's not that far... Cross to the other side and walk the path right the way through to Falmer... 15/20 mins walk max IMO.

Or

Catch the bus from right outside the Newmarket and it's one stop to Falmer or two stops to Falmer Station. No real issue whichever way you decide to go.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I parked down there and walked for every home game last season. It takes around 30 minutes there and 25 back. It's fine in daylight but a bit dodgy at night.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If they have rooms (as an Inn), they could do a cracking business from visiting fans staying overnight.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Catch the bus - I do it every game.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bus stops out side the 29 from Twells

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Thanks. Is there one back and if so where is the bus stop?

Timetable is here ... http://www.buscms.com//uploadedFiles/brightonbuses/tt28-160912.pdf

Buses every 10-15 mins before the game ... where to get off is obvious.

After the game buses are much less frequent but the 10:07 is stress free (even time for a quick drink). To get there, head for the station, go over bridge and down through underpass to Sussex Uni. Head up the hill and back towards the main road. The bus stop is approx 200yds up the hill, if that, right on the A27.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
As others have said - if you are going to walk cross the road and walk on the cycle / foot path. The westbound side has no footpath. When you get to the village you'll see where to go next.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Timetable is here ... http://www.buscms.com//uploadedFiles/brightonbuses/tt28-160912.pdf

Buses every 10-15 mins before the game ... where to get off is obvious.

After the game buses are much less frequent but the 10:07 is stress free (even time for a quick drink). To get there, head for the station, go over bridge and down through underpass to Sussex Uni. Head up the hill and back towards the main road. The bus stop is approx 200yds up the hill, if that, right on the A27.

That's brilliant. Thanks for your help.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Hop on any Brighton and Hove Bus that is travelling from Lewes to Brighton. Number 28 & 29 from memory. No fare to pay if you show your match ticket.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Ive driven from Lewes to Brighton almost every day for 30 years and i couldn't tell you a) how far it was and b) whether there was a footpath.

So this morning, i put the trip on and it was exactly 2 miles from the Newmarket to the entrance of Falmer station.

There is no footpath on the west bound carriageway but if you cross over, there is a footpath and cycle path all the way should you choose to walk.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Ive driven from Lewes to Brighton almost every day for 30 years and i couldn't tell you a) how far it was and b) whether there was a footpath.

So this morning, i put the trip on and it was exactly 2 miles from the Newmarket to the entrance of Falmer station.

There is no footpath on the west bound carriageway but if you cross over, there is a footpath and cycle path all the way should you choose to walk.

Thanks!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
if youm are staying there you probably will have lost the will to live after an hour or so

so it will seem like an eternity

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
On a slight tangent is there a walking route from Halland Road Moulescoombe to the stadium avoiding walking down and along the main road? What I mean is, is there path behind the Brighton Uni campus?

Cheers.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
if youm are staying there you probably will have lost the will to live after an hour or so

so it will seem like an eternity

I'm not expecting the Ritz, just somewhere to crash Friday night before heading back to North Wales on Sat morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here