Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point against Newcastle now?

• Yep - avoid defeat at all costs

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • Nope - we can smash them Geordie tossers

Votes: 154 78.6%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This is the one that matters.
Two wins required by the 2 teams below us (who also have to -play each other) is a safe as you could wish for, with 9 games to go.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is a game that Brighton have to win.

Last week's result was a bonus - but to bury Fulham and put Newcastle into serious trouble, a win is needed in this game.

Win and the focus can be on finishing the season positively and looking forward to next year.

no we don't

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is the one that matters.
Two wins required by the 2 teams below us (who also have to -play each other) is a safe as you could wish for, with 9 games to go.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, yes I would. Don’t forget that nice as a win would be, a loss is also a real possibility. That would be a fecking disaster.

Me too. No question.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
no we don't

Also this.

The only must win game is the one that directly leads to safety or relegation. That's what 'must win' means. You'd have thought an economist (especially a zero-sum Marxist economist) would understand that. Oh....hang on.....he's a historian, isn't he:eek:.

:facepalm:

As you were :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely not, if this team has any belief in their ability then nothing short of a win tonight

I really do think this team believes in itself. When our luck improves - or maybe our finishing - someone will cop it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Absolutely not, if this team has any belief in their ability then nothing short of a win tonight

I really do think this team believes in itself. When our luck improves - or maybe our finishing - someone will cop it.

If we don't win tonight I think we will have regressed, after smashing them 0-3 at the start of the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For god sake man show some spunk, mind you better to be safe than sorry. :albion2:

You made me recall the opening sentence of one of Frank Richards' Billy Bunter books:

"Ouch", Bunter ejaculated.

A small edit to the punctuation, there, changes the meaning of that, alarmingly :eek:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I would take a point but how many times has this team almost had the group above within their grasp only to not take it, other results appear to go our way opportunities come and go, so yes I would take a point but really we will not get a better chance to pull the group above into the mix, Southampton are starting to remind me of us in 1983

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Newcastle and sheff Utd are easily are 2 best chances of 3 points . On paper at least all the other games are much harder - so why on Earth would be settle for 1 point which changes nothing when a win really does massively help us .

One win and another 4 points would likely see us safe . We would have 36 points . Meaning Fulham would need 3 wins and a draw out of their remaining 8 games to go level with us . Very unlikely in my opinion given their run in .

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We still probably need 2 or 3 wins so need to go for the win tonight as it is one of the more winnable games.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never in a million years. A point keeps everyone in with a shout and will be Fulham’s ideal result

I don't want a point, but would I take one. Of course, I would like all 3 but I think I would be airing towards an entitled fan if I expected it.

After all, we are only little Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here