Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle vs Sheffield Wednesday

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If the chasing club is going to make a real fist of it, I'd sooner they catch Newcastle. A draw would be OK though.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Hughton won't be allowing the players to concern themselves with other teams results.
We just need to keep grinding out results. If we do we'll go up, whatever tonights result.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Forestieri, he's run his backside off. Didn't really have him down as the industrious type. He and Reach have looked decent for the Massive.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle not playing like promotion candidates, looks like they might blink first this Christmas.

We haven't been brilliant every week either, you know :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Draw was / is the best result for us, one point for each better than three for either one.

a) it would put us top (assuming we can win tomoz) and

b) would keep Wednesday slightly further back from us.

Sod whether we go up as Champions or second, either will do !

And potentially would be two points dropped by both !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Darlow or Westwood would make good cover for Stockdale. If they could kick the ball out properly they could even replace him?

Gouffran's has got a distinctive hair style. Who else would make our FA Cup team?

That was a clumsy challenge: like a Southern Train. Mostly don't turn up, and when they do they are late.

Never mind, 52,179, highest gate of the season and more than Sunderland get.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't say I'm overly fussed about a team who will still be 8 points behind us even if they win. I'm very happy with a rival dropping 3 points though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Win tomorrow and we'll be past the traditionally safe fifty point mark though :)
All the time the Albion can appear in Rotherham's 'can't catch us' thread we're as good as down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here