Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle v Villa

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They just scored but the tackle on the Newcy player before the goal was bloody awful and should have been a red card. Result? Not even a talking to.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bloody hell, the card happy disease is spreading out of the FA headquarters and into the homes of supporters.

I'm no supporter, it's just the game that happens to be on tv and the guy had to be stretchered off. After the debates over Sparrow this was a pretty disgusting lunge. Newcastle scored so the ref seemed to let it go.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I'm no supporter, it's just the game that happens to be on tv and the guy had to be stretchered off. After the debates over Sparrow this was a pretty disgusting lunge. Newcastle scored so the ref seemed to let it go.

I don't think it was ever a red card. He was just making a block

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll agree to disagree @seagullondon, there is a directive to refs for lunges like that, innocent or guilty. The guy is on his way to hospital.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Sorry, I didn't mean supporter. Warnock was doing what you would expect any player to do in that position when the opposition has a shot on goal from about 10 yeards out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry, I didn't mean supporter. Warnock was doing what you would expect any player to do in that position when the opposition has a shot on goal from about 10 yeards out.

But it is still a two footed studs up challenge, innocent or guilty. As I said above, there is a directive for these types of challenges.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thank f*** Demba Ba and Cisse didn't play against us!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who cares?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a goal from Cisse! Superb finish. I didn't see the injury, what happened?

It was studs up but an accident, non malicious, however it wasn't good and many (including yesterday) have been sent off for less.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was studs up but an accident, non malicious, however it wasn't good and many (including yesterday) have been sent off for less.

You said so much without saying anything that really mattered. :lolol: Who put in the tackle, who got injured?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here