Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle v Crystal Palace: what do you want?

Newcastle v Crystal Palace: what do you want?

• Newcastle win

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 143 62.2%
  • Palace win

Votes: 49 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Newcastle win - too early to pay huge amounts of attention to other results other than the bottom 3. And I’m a Brighton fan.

I;m a Brighton fan and want a Palace win. My logic tells me we probably won't get anything at Anfield and if Newcastle beat Palace they will be 4 points in front of us and Palace 5. Which is difficult to make up.

If the table was reversed and Palace had 22 points and Newcastle 26 then I'd want Newcastle to win. Plus I think Palace have a better squad than Newcastle and we are more likely to finish above Newcastle than Palace. IMO:albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I;m a Brighton fan and want a Palace win. My logic tells me we probably won't get anything at Anfield and if Newcastle beat Palace they will be 4 points in front of us and Palace 5. Which is difficult to make up.

If the table was reversed and Palace had 22 points and Newcastle 26 then I'd want Newcastle to win. Plus I think Palace have a better squad than Newcastle and we are more likely to finish above Newcastle than Palace. IMO:albion2:

Newcastle will be fine. Always want to finish above the scum if we can. We’re far better than both in terms of playing football - never want palace to win unless it’s like that Cardiff game but even then we were fine anyway I think.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

We are more likely to finish above Palace, if they DON’T pick up 3 points tonight!
And I think it is only a matter of time before we overtake Newcastle, 3 points tonight or not!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We are more likely to finish above Palace, if they DON’T pick up 3 points tonight!
And I think it is only a matter of time before we overtake Newcastle, 3 points tonight or not!

OK I see you thinking I just don't agree.

However, I do start worrying about other teams results from about August so there is no hope for me. :down:

Sheff U vs WBA = draw ? or Sheff U win ? can't make my mind up about this one either - guess draw is best.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A draw, and Mr Tumble to snap his leg.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
OK I see you thinking I just don't agree.

However, I do start worrying about other teams results from about August so there is no hope for me. :down:

Sheff U vs WBA = draw ? or Sheff U win ? can't make my mind up about this one either - guess draw is best.

Fair enough!
But SU v WBA :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The answer to these questions is almost always a draw.

Wins to bottom half teams are like gold dust, a shot of adrenaline. Why would you want anyone around us to get a win and potentially kick-start their season?

That, and a draw means 2 points garnered, as opposed to 3.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle win.

We should never accept that a Palace victory is required to keep us up. Unacceptable. Preferably a 1-0 win in a dispiriting performance for both teams.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Palace win.

BlackandwhiteThirdHornet-max-1mb.gif

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can take a positive from whatever the scoreline so I hope to see a terrible niggly game with plenty of cards and controversy. A few VAR ruled out goals for the wankpuffins would be a laugh too. Dibley getting chinned for diving would be lovely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Huge punch up, game abandoned and points deducted from both teams preferably.....failing that a draw. (Or palace loss, both are fine)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well I’m pleased anyway. Any goal against Palace is a joy for me.

Another involvement for the goal from Wilson. Signing him was as good as signing Joe Linton was bad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First time I’ve seen Palace involved in an exciting game since we dismantled them with 10 men. Both sides giving it a go - a lucky deflection and dodgey free kick and a large dump of luck helping the franchise out though, naturally.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
And yet you’re so concerned about their apparent threat to our PL status you choose a Palace victory?! Strange logic.

I was going on the theory that if they lose here, they don't get any points which, in turn, will contribute to their relegation prospects.

I have no feelings about a mid-table, going nowhere side like Palace in respect of our survival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here