Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Very tough game. Said before Arsenal this would be trickier of the 2. Happily take a point before. But in RDZ we trust as this won’t be the line up Newcastle wil have prepped for. Huge 3 points for both teams at stake here. Let’s hope we tip the scales our way.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Peeing Billy Madison GIF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not happy with the team selection tonight :down:

I was happy with the Wolves selection when many weren’t but for me this is a step too far. Love to be wrong

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I have faith in RDZ. I just think he doesn't want repeats of the Forest and Everton games which both shortly followed demanding games (against Utd). Colwill would have at least been in the squad if not carring an injury or illness but other than that I guess he's wanting to keep things fresh

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
They like to press high, we play better when teams press us high.

What's not to like?
Not quite I’m afraid - Howe likes a 4,3,3 they also play a low block for long periods when defending a lead so it’s critical we score first - they have one of the best defensive lines in the league, including a world class Stopper - they will be attacking from the central third with very fast transition (often through the centre) so our MF will have their work cut out.

With Mac Allister out and Gilmour and Gross in midfield (and no Ferguson) we don’t look our strongest line up, especially in defence - I’m expecting a tough and scrappy fight I think - expect some shitehousery and very physical tackles from Newcastle.

RDZs line up is thinking of our remaining tough fixtures- no point risking injuries tonight (ie Ferguson/Mac Allister) if we can get away without playing a few key players - A BIG BALL RISK

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Whoah. Odd line up. Every time I question one we play a blinder though. Fairly certain I'd thrown the towel in before the Wolves game. So fingers crossed and I'm off to the pub!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Whoah. Odd line up. Every time I question one we play a blinder though. Fairly certain I'd thrown the towel in before the Wolves game. So fingers crossed and I'm off to the pub!
Yes, my first thought too. We will miss Colwill, although I'm hopeful van Hecke can step up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very surprised by the line up. But they've pulled it off before.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I'm sure we've been here many times - people losing confidence of a good result having seen the line up. Then we go and win and people are quick to praise the manager for making shrewd choices

Not saying it will work in our favour tonight, as others have said - we are looking light. But let's just wait and see what happens

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sure we've been here many times - people losing confidence of a good result having seen the line up. Then we go and win and people are quick to praise the manager for making shrewd choices

Not saying it will work in our favour tonight, as others have said - we are looking light. But let's just wait and see what happens
Personally I’m not blaming RDZ for the line up - we need some rotation - I’m blaming our luck having 3 CBS out and our 5th choice starting - let alone 2 right backs out (yes I’ve included Veltman in both!). Don’t mind rotating Ali Mac and Enciso as they both looked knackered on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here