Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah the good old days ;)

Went to Preston yesterday. If there’s any recompense, you would have definitely beaten them!

If we struggle over the line and get back up we wouldn’t get one point in the PL with this team.

I saw there was a double sending off on 91 minutes, but missed it on the Quest EFL show.

What happened?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I detest VAR with a passion and am ready to blame it for almost anything.

We were playing well up to and including the Man U game. A very debatable VAR decision in that game sent Dunk off. This might well have cost us points in that game and also the Burnley game as well as delaying his recovery to full match fitness. Also, I am not sure when Webster was injured in that game but it is entirely possible that he would not have been injured if Dunk had not been sent off.

So, everything is VAR's fault......
Looking back at the past few weeks, it's amazing to look how our team has gone from playing unbelievably well to very mediocre.
We had just played a sublime half of football, totally outplaying United, in a similar manner to what they had done against Chelsea, then in a few minutes of madness of from our two most consistent players of the last few seasons, we lost a game we could have won.
Since then, the confidence has gone from the side.

Sanchez is no longer inspiring confidence, the defence, so strong for half a season looks weak (and no that's not just the loss of Burn)
The midfield look bereft of ideas, and the forwards even more clueless.

However, all it takes is one bit of luck going our way (as it did at the start of the season, é.g Leicester - thanks VAR!) and the confidence will come back I am sure.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just watched a full replay of yesterdays match, much better, paid for the price for a mad few minutes. Should have got a least a point off the Sauds...

Roll on next week, feeling a bit more optimistic after 2 very poor home performances

D

Deleted member 2719

What would a striker have to do with letting in 4 goals?

1 in 2 striker in German top division with a lesser team

1 in 2 in Holland

couple of goals and assists already for Burnley.

Not sure what you are basing Maupay trumping him on?

Hey Kinky, lets base it on real term premier league comparisons, as that's where they are both performing.
Maupays scores 1 in 3
Weghorst scores 1 in 8

Is Weghorst really all that?

I'd say Neal is trumping him fair and square so far.

Attachments

• 20220306_195815.jpg
    20220306_195815.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 223

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A good effort and I love GPott but I do worry the reason he's not a very top manager is he suffers fools too gladly. Look at the top managers Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Tuchel, none of them suffer fools gladly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A good effort and I love GPott but I do worry the reason he's not a very top manager is he suffers fools too gladly. Look at the top managers Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Tuchel, none of them suffer fools gladly.

If he was one of those he wouldn’t be at Brighton right now and also would be managing superior players

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hey Kinky, lets base it on real term premier league comparisons, as that's where they are both performing.
Maupays scores 1 in 3
Weghorst scores 1 in 8

Is Weghorst really all that?

I'd say Neal is trumping him fair and square so far.

Which team creates more chances?

D

Deleted member 2719

I am not sure he does, I think he more stealth/subtle about it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Which team creates more chances?

This is a bit off track, if we wind back a few posts, you are claiming weghorst is a decent striker, I am saying he has not proved this yet in the Premier league.

Is weghorst a player that would fill the Potter criteria?

Let's see where Weghorst is at the end of the season, goal wise and forget how many chances they get.

Personally one great goal doesn't rise him up my wishlist of players.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I saw there was a double sending off on 91 minutes, but missed it on the Quest EFL show.

What happened?

Sh*t couldn't log back in for ages, sorry to leave you hanging. Oh he had some sort of moan about injury time. Happily that was about the last crap away performance of the season.

Now a break before the thrashings commence! At least Travers is a decent keeper.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here