Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Tickets

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
However, there is a concession the club could make here, that could also benefit them too.

The auto cup opt in for STH's. If you are prepared to say at the start of the season that the club can have your money, regardless of the fixure, then this would seem like the club could move and let us have these tickets for the price of a regular league game.

That sounds complicated. What if the first two cup games are Barnet and Hereford at home ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That is your decision, and fair enough. We all have our limits. But you must allow the Club to test the market. And if a whole new set of people see the match and think they want to see more games - then that is a good thing.

Indeed. I know of two people who will be going who haven't gone to an Albion match before; I told them that tickets are now on general sale and you don't need a purchase history or loyalty points. They want to see what all the fuss is about.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
This is a very good constructive suggestion. Isn't this how it works at some of the Prem clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea?)

PG

Some of the Premier League clubs include the first games of the cups in their Season ticket prices.......

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Wow that's alot of unclaimed Season Tickets available.

Interestingly the Club are still holding back all of the cheaper WSU and WSL tickets, I know this because 8 of our 9 in WSL block B are untaken but not showing. Be intetersting to see how these sell to non STH or will it be the first pricing faux par to bite the club? Guess they all went for Chelsea so could still sell yet.

No tickets are being held back, all areas of the ground are on sale, apart from the away end.

No tickets are being held back, all areas of the ground are on sale, apart from the away end.

I'm sorry. Who are you and how do you intend to clarify that comment?

Are you telling me that in the WSU literally every season ticket seat was taken? Are you also saying the poster on this forum who said they had not bought their ST seat in the WSU and could not buy in now are mistaken?

Are you also saying with 100% accuracy that the take up from STH's in blocks N1A and N1B was exactly 100% whilst blocks N1C and N1D was a take up of about 30%?

Are you also sure that everyone also took their seats on the wings of the WSL?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I'm sorry. Who are you and how do you intend to clarify that comment?

Are you telling me that in the WSU literally every season ticket seat was taken? Are you also saying the poster on this forum who said they had not bought their ST seat in the WSU and could not buy in now are mistaken?

Are you also saying with 100% accuracy that the take up from STH's in blocks N1A and N1B was exactly 100% whilst blocks N1C and N1D was a take up of about 30%?

Are you also sure that everyone also took their seats on the wings of the WSL?

Hi kingcole,

I'm me.

You have completely misunderstood my post, a post which you have in fact quoted back in your post !

All areas of the ground are on sale, apart from the away end. By all areas I mean there is at least one ticket on sale in every block. All STH seats, that have not been reserved, are now on sale.

Just because the online picture does not suggest this, doesn't mean it's not true. I bought 4 N1A seats this morning, in exactly the position I wanted them.

Can't be clearer than that, cheers.

Hi kingcole,

I'm me.

You have completely misunderstood my post, a post which you have in fact quoted back in your post !

All areas of the ground are on sale, apart from the away end. By all areas I mean there is at least one ticket on sale in every block. All STH seats, that have not been reserved, are now on sale.

Just because the online picture does not suggest this, doesn't mean it's not true. I bought 4 N1A seats this morning, in exactly the position I wanted them.

Can't be clearer than that, cheers.

Thanks for clarifying!

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
In a nutshell, if you want a seat in an area not on sale online, just ring the ticket office.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Some of the Premier League clubs include the first games of the cups in their Season ticket prices.......

only problem with that is that the gate has to be split 50/50 (after expenses) for cup games. Big clubs I guess can afford to subsidise the early round fixtures on the basis that the merch and concession profits will counter balance this. It's a great idea in theory, but unworkable and unsustainable at our level IMO

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
In a nutshell, if you want a seat in an area not on sale online, just ring the ticket office.

You are correct. That is what I did today to purchase my own season ticket seats in WSU - fortunately they had not been sold. (It was my own fault that I missed the "reserve seats" period due to serious dithering from another family member!)

However, I would query the online system which prevents you doing this when the general sale date becomes live. Why not let people at least view the seats ,sold or unsold, in the areas that are not on general sale. Some people wishing to book their own seats online may well decide not to bother if the online system blocks them even if the seats are unsold.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
You are correct. That is what I did today to purchase my own season ticket seats in WSU - fortunately they had not been sold. (It was my own fault that I missed the "reserve seats" period due to serious dithering from another family member!)

However, I would query the online system which prevents you doing this when the general sale date becomes live. Why not let people at least view the seats ,sold or unsold, in the areas that are not on general sale. Some people wishing to book their own seats online may well decide not to bother if the online system blocks them even if the seats are unsold.

I asked the ticket line chap this and, unsurprisingly, he had no idea why these seats were not available online. Maybe they are keeping them back for personal callers ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I asked the ticket line chap this and, unsurprisingly, he had no idea why these seats were not available online. Maybe they are keeping them back for personal callers ?

I would suggest that statistically it is more likely that ST holders will buy tickets if they can buy their 'own' seats so why not save them until you have sold all non ST ones then bring them into play?
I, for example, was v busy during the Withdean years & missed the ludicrous 2/3 day window to buy JPT tickets. There was nothing more annoying than to be told 3 days after the draw was made & with 10 days before the match that 'my' seats (the best in the ground!) had been sold to someone, who may only spend £20 a season compared to my £1500 3 year ST, even though only 500 of the 8,000 had actually gone. I didn't 't buy another elsewhere every time away from mates either side of my normal seat

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

You are 100% wrong im afraid as they arent being sold online. Somebody has made that call and that is how most people buy tickets.

At the end of the day we will only know if the club priced it right at 12.30 pm on the 5th Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here