Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
19,675 exactly

To be honest it wouldn't be the end of the world if that was the gate. Only last season that would be a good gate. Two seasons ago...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some images from last season's third round;

Coventry v Southampton:

Empty-seats-at-Coventry-C-001.jpg

Barnsley v Swansea:

Danny-Graham-slots-Swanse-001.jpg

Reading v Stevenage:

Empty-seats-at-Readings-M-003.jpg

Sheff Utd v Salisbury

A-solitary-fan-in-the-Kop-002.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Barnsley v Swansea is comparable.

Hmm. Not really. Swansea are Premiership admittedly, but they are JCLs (in premier league terms), whereas Newcastle have pretty much been part of the PL furniture, played in Europe, reached FA Cup finals and are a much bigger club.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well, obviously that was the gist of the article that those images were taken from, but surprisingly, when searching for them, google threw up this FA article claiming that last season's 3rd round attendances were the highest in 30 years! TheFA.com - FA Cup attendances best for over 30 years
I think the FA Cup is coming back into fashion. People always bang on about how league position is more important (and in the PL it's certainly more lucrative), but at the end of the day you can't put 6th in the league in the trophy cabinet. Even qualifying for the Champions' League year after year isn't as 'good' as winning a Cup every now and then - ask Arsenal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hmm. Not really. Swansea are Premiership admittedly, but they are JCLs (in premier league terms), whereas Newcastle have pretty much been part of the PL furniture, played in Europe, reached FA Cup finals and are a much bigger club.

Much bigger? Not according to the Good ole Fergie

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I really cannot understand why people get so wound up by ticket sales.

FWIW, I've just bought my (season ticket) seats in the North, paid a £2 fee (for the whole transaction, NOT per ticket) and cannot wait.

:thumbsup:
I've just bought a ticket for myself and my 11 year old in the family stand, nearly didnt go through with it though as i get so irritated when at the end of the ticket buying process i am told about the £2 " booking fee " , whats all that about ?? Just be honest and call it a f***ing " rip off fee " , I paid by debit card so there is no charge to BHAFC, so where do they get this " booking fee " shit from ?? Just cant stand having the piss taken out of me with things like this , because thats what it is , a piss take , plain and simple.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just bought a ticket for myself and my 11 year old in the family stand, nearly didnt go through with it though as i get so irritated when at the end of the ticket buying process i am told about the £2 " booking fee " , whats all that about ?? Just be honest and call it a f***ing " rip off fee " , I paid by debit card so there is no charge to BHAFC, so where do they get this " booking fee " shit from ?? Just cant stand having the piss taken out of me with things like this , because thats what it is , a piss take , plain and simple.

To cover the postage of the tickets to you*? I bought mine in person, and was not charged a booking fee.

*This isn't the actual answer, as some who have merely paid to validate their smartcards have still paid the fee, but it is an example of a cost they might be seeking to cover.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Processing a debit card is free ? Are you sure about that ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have to pick them up on the day.

Fair enough.

I can't see why you should pay it, and not me then, as we've carried out identical transactions, albeit yours was over the phone, and mine was in person.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
yes, if i turned up in person and paid by debit card i wouldnt get charged a " booking fee "

You said it doesn't cost anything to process a debit card. That is the bit I am challenging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here