Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Sensible pricing would have the ground full.

We've only sold out in two blocks of the entire ground. Embarrassing.

£22 cheap seats, £28 expensive ones = job done. As it is, we haven't even sold out in the cheap seats!

Fair point but the majority of the limited blocks only have a handful of seats so will look full.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sensible pricing would have the ground full.

We've only sold out in two blocks of the entire ground. Embarrassing.

£22 cheap seats, £28 expensive ones = job done. As it is, we haven't even sold out in the cheap seats!

The prices are the same as last year when the attendance was 21,558. It will be interesting to see if that figure is exceeded on Saturday.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
To be honest, all areas are now on sale now (apart from WSU which I guess would be pretty full anyway) and all but 2/3 blocks are limited availability. Whole east stand upper and lower is limited along with the WSL and SS and most of the North. So looks to have sold quite well IMO. ???

WSU is normally full with season ticket holders and would be surprised if not full, why else are they no on the website.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
WSU is normally full with season ticket holders and would be surprised if not full, why else are they no on the website.

They were never on the website from day 1 of selling

But even so, we know around 800 tickets remained on sale last night online, probably up to around 1,500 now with the extra released, so even if no tickets were shifted from the WSU at all (obviously not happened) then the crowd would still be above last seasons 21k

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The prices are the same as last year when the attendance was 21,558. It will be interesting to see if that figure is exceeded on Saturday.

Well they aren't, are they. Matchday prices went up this season.

The attendance last year would have been more if the ground could hold it.
The attendance this year would have been more if the prices weren't ridiculous.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Please can we link the original prices thread on here and admire the confidence of all those mugs who swallow ANYTHING the club throw at us and assured everyone "It WILL sell out"

Out of interest, what attendance figure would you accept that it wasn't a mistake to have priced it as they have. Many said the meaningless Chelsea game would NEVER sell out, and it did, and nothing to do with Barber. We've managed pretty well all season so far, I think it will be a shame if there are thousands of empty seats, I do have a feeling though that we will have considerably more than for the Newcastle game last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well they aren't, are they. Matchday prices went up this season.

The attendance last year would have been more if the ground could hold it.
The attendance this year would have been more if the prices weren't ridiculous.

The only thing that went up was the travel.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

Travel didn't even go up, it was just the inclusion of travel in the ticket price, so for the vast majority of fans (ie, those who don't cycle or walk) they'll be paying exactly what they did last year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The travel is not £4 per game for adults is it?

Zone C West Stand Lower / East Stand

2011-12
Adult £30.00
Senior £21.00
Under 18 £15.00
Under 10 £8.00

2012-13
Adult £34.00
Senior £24.00
Under 18 £17.00
Under 10 £9.00

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Travel didn't even go up, it was just the inclusion of travel in the ticket price, so for the vast majority of fans (ie, those who don't cycle or walk) they'll be paying exactly what they did last year.

The vast majority didn't pay for travel even if they got the train!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Out of interest, what attendance figure would you accept that it wasn't a mistake to have priced it as they have. Many said the meaningless Chelsea game would NEVER sell out, and it did, and nothing to do with Barber. We've managed pretty well all season so far, I think it will be a shame if there are thousands of empty seats, I do have a feeling though that we will have considerably more than for the Newcastle game last season.

25,000+ - I'm sorry, but if we can sell 26500 tickets for a televised game against WATFORD, we should be sold out for this match.

Not that I trust Barber and his bullshit 'tickets sold' attendances anyway, they don't announce the truthful attendance for league games so Saturday won't be any different.

The meaningless Chelsea game was £30, so in most areas was actually cheaper, and against more glamorous opponents (Champions of Europe!), and we only just sold 16,000 (from memory) the day before the game. About 4000 of those were Chelsea 'fans'. Admittedly it WAS meaningless, but it wasn't on free to air TV, and was at 3pm on a Saturday. This is against less glamourous opponents we've played recently, our home form is dire and it's on ITV1 at a funny time. It was blindingly obvious to all but the most blue tinted spec wearers that these prices were hopelessly out of touch with what they should have been.

Unfortunately though, Barber's here for the £ decisions. It seems unlikely to me, but maybe a crowd of 19,500 at these joke prices will bring in more revenue than 27,000 paying more reasonable prices? But it's impossible to prove that without knowing how much the average punter brings in in merchandise/food sales etc, and also the proportion who pay kids tickets. If that is the case, then it's a real worry that fans will continue to be shafted and pay the highest prices in the league.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club were left with a seven figure debt for travel in the first season because the fans didn't pay. With hindsight the club should have left it included in the ticket price as it was at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here