Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle game on ESPN

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Mr Bloom will be f***ed right off if we don't beat Wrexham....Our league season could well fizzle out into mid-table mediocrity(which would be ok for first season back)...I really think Gus should be taking this very seriously. If we could turn over Newcastle at home, then get another home tie against a championship club, we could be looking at a quarter final spot.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
HOORAY! First thing I did was check whether I have ESPN on virgin free for a month (as I thought I heard this).
BOO! Then I find out it's other ESPN channels, not sport.
HOORAY! Then I remember I'll be going to the game anyway!

the fool

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Gus defo wants to win that's why the Wrexham game isn't being played on the Wednesday, gives the front side an extra days rest for Peterborough imo

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This season must be a record for the number of times we have been on t v.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This could be worth up to half a mill inc gate receipts, concessions and TV money....i imagine the strongest team poss next week will be wanted by TB, it makes sense. Who knows, this cash could be used in the transfer window to strengthen the team. Saying that, if we lose to the Dragons, i for one would not be too unhappy, their a great club and if we had to lose to any team, i'd prefer it to be a team like Wrexham...lets face it, we aint gonna win the cup anyway, although....anyone remember what happened the last time we played Newcastle in the cup? I'm sure something big happened, just can't remember what?!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Gus defo wants to win that's why the Wrexham game isn't being played on the Wednesday, gives the front side an extra days rest for Peterborough imo

Yeah. Agree with this.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Only thing that worries me ( as much i want the newcastle game to happen) will be how tired we will be for the palace game after, they dont have a match saturday aswell. We cant lose both games to them this season? The amount of games we had in the short space of time before the last palace game was too much.

Agree with Bhafc11.

It's a catch-22 situation. I'd be happy to play a reserve team against Newcastle (providing we win the replay at Wrexham) and keep our key players fit for the trip to Smellhurst Park. We WANT revenge.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
It will surely be seen as rather innapropriate by Bloom/Perry and co if Gus doesn't take this fixture at Wrexham seriously now.

We aren't struggling for money now but losing out on £120,000 + gate receipts + press exposure by putting out a weak team would be very poor.

if we had money we would buy players

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Say it was £20 a ticket, 22,500 tickets is £450,000 already. Couple quid per person isn't even one drink each and you've got £500,000 + £200,000 prize money and TV combined. Even with costs it's got to be a good half a Mil.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Say it was £20 a ticket, 22,500 tickets is £450,000 already. Couple quid per person isn't even one drink each and you've got £500,000 + £200,000 prize money and TV combined. Even with costs it's got to be a good half a Mil.

You do realise we have to share the gate money with the away team, and the FA?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
HOORAY! First thing I did was check whether I have ESPN on virgin free for a month (as I thought I heard this).
BOO! Then I find out it's other ESPN channels, not sport.
HOORAY! Then I remember I'll be going to the game anyway!

the fool

ESPN free month on virgin DOES include the sports channels.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It won't be 22,500 tickets either, 1901s get theirs free.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
eh?

If we don't play any of them then I do believe Gus has no money to spend.

A couple of hundred grand wouldn't replace any of those players if they got injured.

I think he means that Gus has previously said that he's spent all of his transfer budget already.
If he doesn't take the Wrexham replay seriously then he's obviously not worried about the money we can make by winning it.
QED, he still has some money to spend in this transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here