Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle Away?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Gone are the days of the flights from Gatwick to Newcastle.

There used to be cheap flights from Southampton for £29 each way but since Loganair took over from FlyBe these are long gone and now well over £200 return so just as expensive as the trains

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I have a day return for £4.50

True

From Carlisle
It's almost as quick to get back to Brighton - those trains across the Pennines can be dreadfully slow. Not as bad as Leeds to Lancaster though - those trains are not only slow but uncomfortable as well.

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
Mentioned on another thread - trains on ECML diverted from Peterborough via Lincoln to Doncaster. Taking an extra hour to Newcastle due to Engineering works. Two LNER Northbound 0630 & 0830 & only one train back 1757.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It's getting to the point where this match may as well be a European away, I flew return to Athens for what the train fare will cost to this, madness. Like others on this thread I'm feeling priced out of this, out of principal as much as actual. Spending a fortune to be stuck in the clouds makes it even worse!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Being a warm day for our last visit, it was a head turner for my 2 sons. The amount of orange flesh on display at 11am in the morning was an education in itself. When the trains work and if you can get in early on split tickets it's a great game.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Seagulls Travel are running coach travel to Newcastle.
£70. God knows what time they'll be leaving The Amex?! Probably Friday night with a stop off in Milton Keynes on Saturday mid morning!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It's getting to the point where this match may as well be a European away, I flew return to Athens for what the train fare will cost to this, madness. Like others on this thread I'm feeling priced out of this, out of principal as much as actual. Spending a fortune to be stuck in the clouds makes it even worse!!
May get cheaper if you get a Sunderland to Finsbury Park ticket? LNER new ticket policy has led to these ridiculous prices, with no off peak fare cap, it'll just go up.

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
I'm doing Fri night to Sun pm -managed to get it for £150 for two from Barnham , with split tickets & two together railcard & 10% cash back with LNER on AMEX Card. Luckily I have family up there. You have to pull out all the stops to make away trips affordable!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Seagulls Travel are running coach travel to Newcastle.
£70. God knows what time they'll be leaving The Amex?! Probably Friday night with a stop off in Milton Keynes on Saturday mid morning!
5:30am according to their booking site

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Managed to get advance single SplitSave tickets with a railcard from London and back for £88 last month.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I thought Newcastle had to provide away fans a better viewing position this season or did that get turned around again,how have they gotten away with it in the first place ?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Last 2 years it’s got to Albion plus

I'm albion+ and have never had a problem getting a ticket for Newcastle.

Last couple of years I think it has sold out eventually.
Last couple of years it went past Albion+ and on to purchase history. Also both times we did not elect to take up our full allocation of 3000 and did not sell all that we did take up . Certainly last year we opened up about 2200 and sold about 2000, previous year not sure of exact numbers but there were definitely some still unsold in the final few days leading up to the fixture.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Last couple of years it went past Albion+ and on to purchase history. Also both times we did not elect to take up our full allocation of 3000 and did not sell all that we did take up . Certainly last year we opened up about 2200 and sold about 2000, previous year not sure of exact numbers but there were definitely some still unsold in the final few days leading up to the fixture.
Not sure which year it was, but I have definitely made a last minute decision to go at some point in the last few seasons and found we'd "sold out" whatever reduced allocation we'd taken.

In practical terms, it won't be a problem for anybody who's remotely on it and paying attention to get a ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being a warm day for our last visit, it was a head turner for my 2 sons. The amount of orange flesh on display at 11am in the morning was an education in itself. When the trains work and if you can get in early on split tickets it's a great game.
Would have been a better (or at different) education to take them for a stroll around Bigg Market at 11pm :laugh:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
There's a lot of games where I'm grateful to have inlaws in the midlands as a base to make travel easier, tying it in with a duty visit so everyone is happy - Leicester, Villa, Wolves, Forest, the Manchester and Liverpool clubs are all within a couple of hours, Sheffield too last season. Still a 7 hour round trip pretty much from their house for this game but worth it. This is my family derby with half the family being Newcastle fans originating from Blaydon so it's not one I want to miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here