Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newbury Race 1 - 2 horses drop dead

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We had something similar at home. There was an exposed live cable under the road which was putting about 50V through our metal tables in the pub kitchen.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We had something similar at home. There was an exposed live cable under the road which was putting about 50V through our metal tables in the pub kitchen.

Why did you have 2 racehorses parading in the pub kitchen?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A chap in my shop genuinely kicked off because he'd backed a horse who had died. :facepalm:

Some people need a sense of perspective. And, for the record, he did of course get his pound back.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
A chap in my shop genuinely kicked off because he'd backed a horse who had died. :facepalm:

Some people need a sense of perspective. And, for the record, he did of course get his pound back.

Thats cos nobody trusts greedy bookmakers!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would have thought this would be the mane story on the BBC Sports section. Someone is going to be saddled with guilt over this unfortunate occurrence. Will Newbury recover? Mud sticks. Somebody, perhaps a contractor, obviously had a mare when laying the cables and will feel more than a bit guilty. The third horse that 'wobbled' is presumably in a stable condition.

I do hope that this was an accident and there is not some sort of enemy at the gait who booby trapped the paddock.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would have thought this would be the mane story on the BBC Sports section. Someone is going to be saddled with guilt over this unfortunate occurrence. Will Newbury recover? Mud sticks. Somebody, perhaps a contractor, obviously had a mare when laying the cables and will feel more than a bit guilty. The third horse that 'wobbled' is presumably in a stable condition.

I do hope that this was an accident and there is not some sort of enemy at the gait who booby trapped the paddock.

:tumble:

:nono: Atleast neither of them were grey.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thank heavens Spielberg rarely posts on here otherwise another flounce would have happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here