Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newbie...with gifts!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The first shot from the west stand looking at the south looks suspiciously close to what my viewpoint will be.

Not quite.
I would say that it was taken just to the northen side of the HW line.
The TV area is in front.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are all the West shots from the Upper Tier then?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:facepalm:

or in case you missed NJ's response, the roof isn't sealed yet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
thanks for the pics

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
180229_10150391517455117_615060116_16883764_2440815_n.jpg

Can anybody spot the giant man all in black at the back of the stand ???

northcarolinagull

Feb 5, 2011
north carolina usa
Another newbie here. Great pics of Fortress Falmer. Have been following the progress from afar and can not wait to come over for a game in Sept/Oct. Fan since the 70's and have only seen 4 albion games in the last 17 years since moving to the states.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
:facepalm:

or in case you missed NJ's response, the roof isn't sealed yet.

Ev - I thought he said the guttering wasn't joined up yet. Don't think he was referring to the roof itself. I think it's pretty clear that with a roof that high people anywhere near the front will get wet on a rainy day. And if the wind is blowing, rain could get a fair way back.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Another newbie here. Great pics of Fortress Falmer. Have been following the progress from afar and can not wait to come over for a game in Sept/Oct. Fan since the 70's and have only seen 4 albion games in the last 17 years since moving to the states.

Whereabouts in NC? I was over there last year, spent a week driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway, stunning. Noticed there was an ancient Albion crest in a pub in Blowing Rock.
Get yourself a photo on the mosaic, mate (see signature, below) - then you can kinda be at Falmer from afar!

Top first post, btw, Johnnyboy, lovely pics :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jonny Boy

Feb 4, 2011
Thanks all for the welcome!

Just so you know where the pics are taken from:

Pic 1- Southwest corner
Pic 2- Platinum lounge on the 2nd floor (West)
Pic 3 & 4- Around 6-8 rows back from the West Upper
Pic 5- Looking down the West Stand from South West corner
Pic 6- Slap bang in the middle of the North Stand
Pic 7- Top row of the West Upper (its very high!!)
Pic 8- Middle tier of the West Stand (1901)

From looking around the roof looks pretty sealed to me as they have temporary downpipes outside

The giant (i never noticed him!) was working on the floodlighting on the metal deck. I'm glad he wasn't scared of heights!

I got an insight into the place in all stands bar the East. By all accounts the finishes are going to be of the highest standard and so far it does look like it's taking shape. Bearing in mind I work in construction there does seem a mountain of work to do in such a short space of time!. They really are doing it with the though of "if we are going to do it then let's do it properly"

I for one am really looking forward to watching football there next season, the fans really do deserve it!

I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here