Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Buck said:
Do they have Lepricorns and everything?
Are they leprechauns that live in windmills?

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
Milford Plaza! Literally a street from Times Square, ideal location! Was there in 2003. Stayed in another place (forget the name of) last year but it was at 52nd street way out on the West side. Had to walk a lot to actually get somewhere with that one. Am going back next year for 3 days..............fantastic place!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Uncle Buck said:
That is a good point or are they German, French, Albania, Dutch, Azerbijian etc theme pubs?

I went into what I beleived was an Albanian themed pub in Peckham a few years ago, but it turned out in fact to have closed down in the 60's, been firebombed, condemed and unfit for human inhabitation. Very reasonably priced pint of Double Diamond though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm going out there on August 26th, and I'm staying in a suite at the Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel, just across from Madison Square Garden & Pennsylvania Station.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
AlexFrutos said:
I'm going out there on August 26th, and I'm staying in a suite at the Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel, just across from Madison Square Garden & Pennsylvania Station.

How did you find and arrange that without our help?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tubby Mondays said:
How did you find and arrange that without our help?

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest.

I'll probably get there and find I've booked the hotel in the wrong year, even assuming that I get on the right plane, or even go to the right airport.

Such are the risks you take by not consulting NSC, I guess.

Ah well, I always did like to live dangerously.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tubby Mondays said:
I think theres a lesson to be learned here somewhere.
Yup - don't start any threads on NSC asking for advice about anything when YOU'RE about.

:p

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do you mean Manhattan Island in the state of New York?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
AlexFrutos said:

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
AlexFrutos said:
Was that sarcasm or not? It's slightly hard to tell in writing, lol.

Sort of - Penn Station isn't the nicest place in New York - but its OK.... it can be a bit horrible at night...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
tedebear said:
Sort of - Penn Station isn't the nicest place in New York - but its OK.... it can be a bit horrible at night...

Yeah, I've been to NYC before, so I know roughly what to expect.

I found the whole city to be fantastic last time round, and I'm hoping for much the same experience this time.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I've been to NYC twice and going again in November for a bit of pre Xmas shopping.

First time we stayed at the Carlton Arms which is a bizarre hotel, not exactly luxurious, there is no cable TV and most of the rooms have shared bath, but it's clean and VERY cheap. Located on 25th and 3rd.

Second time around we stayed at the 3 star New Yorker which is clean, bright and has all the things you'd expect a hotel to have such as cable TV and en suite shower etc. It's located right by Madison Square Garden on 34th and 8th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here