New York

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Am going in a few weeks. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Thanks

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I stayed here last time. Sadly, it was full of attractive fashion models so if that's a problem, avoid.

http://www.hudsonhotel.com/

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
i went a few years ago and stayed at a hostel called jazz on the park. www.jazzonthepark.com
nice place, very cool but a little way from the centre of manhattan. i see they've got another one in the east village which will probably be quality too.

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
New York is a big place with lots of different areas, short of sounding like a travel agent a few more details would help.

Price range, numbers going, days of week, which bit of New York needs to be closest to you (Times Square, 5th Street, 3,502,406 th st etc etc

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
2 years ago I booked a 3 star hotel on lexington av (central manhatten) nr grand central station through expedia which was about £80 a night for 2 of us without breakfast. I think it was a Meridan. Anyway it was clean and pleasant and near everything we wanted

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
I've never been there, but apparently it's so good they named it twice.

That doesnt help the poor sap does it you lard eater! Anymore 'advice' like that and you will drive him to type something like 'cheap hotels in new york' into a search engine and then we wouldnt get to share this long awaited news.

By the way do you want advice on what there is to do in New York / America or do you think you can research that one yourself?

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Tubby Mondays said:
That doesnt help the poor sap does it you lard eater! Anymore 'advice' like that and you will drive him to type something like 'cheap hotels in new york' into a search engine and then we wouldnt get to share this long awaited news.

By the way do you want advice on what there is to do in New York / America or do you think you can research that one yourself?

Don't start having a go at the poor bloke. Not everyone has internet access. How are they suppose to Google anything? Their best bet is to just post the question on a football messageboard.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
Don't start having a go at the poor bloke. Not everyone has internet access. How are they suppose to Google anything? Their best bet is to just post the question on a football messageboard.

Point taken. Just trying to encourage a bit of independance.

I too have not been but as its also known as the windy city, make sure you wrap up warm.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tubby Mondays said:
Point taken. Just trying to encourage a bit of independance.

I too have not been but as its also known as the windy city, make sure you wrap up warm.

Chicago is the windy city, New york is the big apple!!

This time of year in NY is HOT HOT HOT and very humid. Take walking shoes and more walking shoes...

Accommodation is plentiful..depends on your budget ($ to $$$$$) and where you want to stay - ie are you only there a few days and then mid town would be better or are you there for a while then downtown is nicer but you'll be either walking or cabbing uptown and back?

Are you museum people? foodies? shop a holics? galleries?

Give me a little info and I'll let you know...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tubby Mondays said:
New York must get drafty sometimes though. Must be what stinkers meant when they said they named it twice - New York and The Big Easy.

New York City in New York State - thats why people say its named twice?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
New York, United States of America
Current Nearest Observations:
clear 21°C
W (3 mph)
Relative Humidity (%): 84,
Pressure (mB): 1013, Rising,
Visibility: Good

Monday

Sunrise 05:44 (EDT)
Sunset 20:21 (EDT) 31°C 20°C 4 moderate 1016 30

Tuesday

Sunrise 05:45 (EDT)
Sunset 20:21 (EDT) 26°C 19°C 11 moderate 1018 61

Wednesday

Sunrise 05:46 (EDT)
Sunset 20:20 (EDT) 31°C 21°C 5 moderate 1016 37

Thursday

Sunrise 05:47 (EDT)
Sunset 20:19 (EDT) 31°C 22°C 9 moderate 1016 45

Friday

Sunrise 05:47 (EDT)
Sunset 20:18 (EDT) 33°C 26°C 13 moderate

Hot but not as hot as London which will be 34C on Wednesday

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
i went NY a couple of years ago and stayed in the Pickwick Arms, its close to everything and was not too expensive either.

It is a fantastic place - its somewhere u have to go once in ur life though i would like to go several times cos i loved it that much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here