Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] New Year's Eve

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Me and Mrs PS staying home as both still feeling the after effects of Covid we both had b4 xmas. She is wheezing away like a goodun and I still feel really exhausted. Will probably be in bed long b4 midnight. Have a good and safe one if you are venturing out and hopefully the new year will be much better than the interrupted year just passing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Going to a party in Malmö in 30 minutes. Rather small one and had covid a month ago so not too worried about that.

Happy new year all

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A quiet evening, after a couple of weeks break we’re continuing with Season 5 of The Sopranos. It’s amazing.

Probably a beer or two later.

I haven’t bothered with a big NYE evening out in years, usually we’re abroad skiing.

Have a good evening everyone.

I watched the Sopranos prequel film The many Saints of Newark, this afternoon, it’s good but not as good as the series. I also think the end is set up for a sequel.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
A quiet evening, after a couple of weeks break we’re continuing with Season 5 of The Sopranos. It’s amazing.

Probably a beer or two later.

I haven’t bothered with a big NYE evening out in years, usually we’re abroad skiing.

Have a good evening everyone.
Love the Sopranos, got up through a chunk of the first lockdown. Brilliant show

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We’re just vegging out watching tv with beer for him & prosecco for me. I may or may not stay awake to see the fireworks, but no doubt local pyrotechnics will wake me anyway.

Happy and healthy new year to all on Nsc, especially to those who aren’t well at the moment.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Couple of nice home cooked steaks (med rare) and chips with bottle of Ridgeview sparkling white. Soft smelly cheese and biscuits washed down with several glasses of nice port. Watching Masterchef Champions , maybe SPECTRE and bed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest, I'll always found it a bit shit especially in London.

In recent years usually go to the Nightingale on Nightingale Lane, the old road that links the commons of Wandsworth and Clapham. No bookings and a cracking country style old pub in the middle of "nowhere". Well, having f@@@@@ my ribs after a fall, not up for anything.

However, I did pop in for a pint at 4 in the socially distanced garden then struggled home.

As for the Nightingale, it's a hidden gem. See you next year.

2460565698_3a6d23e054_b.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In Barcelona recovering from food poisoning on my hotel bed. Not the best start to a year but hey ho.

Happy new year everyone!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, I'll always found it a bit shit especially in London.

In recent years usually go to the Nightingale on Nightingale Lane, the old road that links the commons of Wandsworth and Clapham. No bookings and a cracking country style old pub in the middle of "nowhere". Well, having f@@@@@ my ribs after a fall, not up for anything.

However, I did pop in for a pint at 4 in the socially distanced garden then struggled home.

As for the Nightingale, it's a hidden gem. See you next year.

2460565698_3a6d23e054_b.jpg

I know this pub, a friend lives a short walk away.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Been to a nice pub in Lyme Regis. Currently calming down the dog at our rental cottage thanks to some cvunt that thought it a good idea to let off fireworks at 9pm - midnight I could deal with. Soon to raise a glass to tell 2021 to eff off.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Lost my dad in September to brain tumours.

Brought the wife and kids down to mum's as she's still not in a good place and needs the company.

Can't wait to tell this year to **** off tbh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lost my dad in September to brain tumours.

Brought the wife and kids down to mum's as she's still not in a good place and needs the company.

Can't wait to tell this year to **** off tbh.

Not long to go and I sincerely hope 2022 is better for you.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Staying in with a bottle of red , been years since we've been out new years eve. Wishing everyone a very happy and peaceful new year

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In Barcelona recovering from food poisoning on my hotel bed. Not the best start to a year but hey ho.

Happy new year everyone!

Bad news HT, get well soon.

(The restaurant review might be an interesting read)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here