Votes: 44 49.4%
  • Just another night out?

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hate it. Its full of fucktards (love that word now!) who cant handle their drink and end up: crying/arguing/fighting/vomiting/moaning about no signal on their mobile. Everywhere is a rip off and its impossible to get a taxi and if you do they charge the earth. And at the end of it you realise that that is the end of the festive period and all youve got to look forward to is a miserable January and back to work in a couple of days.

Shit, shit night.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Loathe NYE with a passion. Shit night, forced jolity, over priced beer and every pub/club in Brighton rammed. One day it's December 31st, the next day it's January 1st. Whoop-de-f***ing-do.

Fortunately Mrs P is working early New Years Day this time around so the perfect excuse to stay in. Marvellous.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just another night out really, if you don't expect any more then you won't be disappointed (well no more than usual).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just another night out really, if you don't expect any more then you won't be disappointed (well no more than usual).

This. Happy new year!

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I hate it. All that false 'happy new year' joviality, sending texts to people you hardly know and haven't spoken to for years. I opt to avoid. This year I will 'celebrate' by having a glass of good malt and reading a book.

Sep 1, 2010
I hate it. All that false 'happy new year' joviality, sending texts to people you hardly know and haven't spoken to for years. I opt to avoid. This year I will 'celebrate' by having a glass of good malt and reading a book.

Horlicks and this

booky.jpg

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Pubs full of once a year drinkers preventing regulars from being served. They can never decide what they want, seem genuinely amazed that they are asked for money in exchange for their drink, and hurl up on your shoes or try to start a fight after 3 pints. What's to like about it?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
always overhyped, always get hammered. Xmas Eve is the big one, always has been always will be, NYE is just another excuse to get mullered and pull fat chicks!

like he said.

I would rather spend ££ on beer with my mates, than in some stuffy, overpriced club.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's what you make it isn't it? When I was younger like others I thought it was brilliant - but that was partly because there was an extension to 12:30 or so. This was in the era when some pubs shut at 10:30 in the winter! Then I went through a phase of hating it with a passion, indeed I'd try to get to bed by 11:30 so as to deliberately miss all the 'Happy New Year' bollocks.

Now I treat it as a normal night out. We either go to a party that some friends have every year, or we go to our local for a couple of drinks. This year we're going to The Bugle for a few, then we're going back to some friends who lives nearby for a late supper and to watch Jools Holland. Low key, just a few of us and it'll be a good night.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Complete rip off. I strongly object to having to pay £30 or so just to get in and then queue for half an hour just to get an overpriced drink. I know they have to pay the staff more etc but I really don't believe they don't make it back in extra drink sales rather than charging a rip off entrance fee.

Nope, won't be going out, bottle of rum is ready and a decent DVD with other half.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
swerving the whole affair this year ..two sick kids ,bath, bed, few drinks with mrs.syd .......probably watch the sydney fireworks an go to bed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks like I'm in the minority here but I quite enjoy it. Its our turn this year to host with two sets of neighbours coming round for a nice roast dinner (who will be the first to mis-quote this sentence) and a few games, Rapidoh has been replenished and ready to go, and a few nice bottles of wine. TV will be on at 11:45, to watch big ben, nice and loud to drown out the fireworks around town (as the dog hates them).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is what you make of it.

We're going out tonight as it happens, but really wish we were doing our usual thing of going to friends (or having them over to ours), kids upstairs and a takeaway and a few bottles of plonk. Taking three kids (including a 7 week old baby) to a NYE party is not really my idea of fun, not sure why the f*** we're doing it to be honest.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hate it, can't remember the last time I bothered going out. Shit pubs cost money to get into and good pubs cost a bloody fortune and are packed. Tele will be crap as well so might go to bed early all ready for tomorrow and the return of the Slade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here