Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Year's Day kick off - WTF???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm sure this is fixtures but as the search function doesn't work on my iPhone I thought I'd have my own personal little rant here. Why the hell have they made the Orient fixture a 1 o'clock kick off. Are they trying to put people off going? I thought I might at last be able to go to every home fixture this season, with no weddings and whathaveyou scheduled.

Do they really think people are going to be having another massive piss up at the withdean on New Year's Day? Whenever we play on New Year's Day EVERYONE is hungover and the atmosphere is like a morgue. It should be an evening kick off, not one o'clock. :tantrum:

Anyone else going to give this one a miss?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have to admit that I thought of you Al, as I typed EVERYONE. It's not so much the quantity of booze that I'll be consuming as the lateness of my night out.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They did the same for the Boxing day kick off which I believe was also Leyton Orient. Maybe it's their fault

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
They did the same for the Boxing day kick off which I believe was also Leyton Orient. Maybe it's their fault

Bit different to New Years though isn't it...most people have a family day and maybe a few glasses of wine in the evening, not a complete and utter piss up like New Years.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bit different to New Years though isn't it...most people have a family day and maybe a few glasses of wine in the evening, not a complete and utter piss up like New Years.

Really?

I have the same attitude on Christmas Day as I do on New Year's Eve - get pissed.

Christmas would be boring otherwise.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
:shrug: I'd say you are in the extreme minority, there.

I thought it was normal practise to get bladdered on Chritmas Day, although it's a bit different to NYE when even the tamest of piss ups will go on till 2 am.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
New Years Eve is shit boring and overrated anyway. I will be there bang on time in the rudest of health on January 1st

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
As usual the club gives no thought whatsoever to the travelling fans and this is not the first time. Do they not realise that some season ticket holders like myself live 160 miles from Withdean and all the Orient fans (I know they will only have to come 60 miles) ought to be treated with some respect.

If they really need to change this fixture, then why not make it an evening kick-off.

Why has the Charlton game been moved from a bank holiday afternoon start to a working day for many and an evening kick-off. The players will be really tired travelling home from Dagenham on the Sunday!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe it has something to do with public transport, i guess they are running a limited service that day and may be finishing early as it is a public holiday? - maybe thats why its not an evening game and could explain why its at 1 o'clock rather than 3 o'clock

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Weren't the last few NYD games 1pm kick offs?

Club can't really win here. Too late and people would moan at the lack of public transport, too early and people are hungover. Shouldn't have games NYD imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here