Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Train Timetables

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
Apologies if fxtrs - heard a rumour from some commuter buddies that if you want to get to London Bridge at a half decent hour (8am) you have to sit in a piss smelling FCC train from December...had a quick look at the new timetable and it seems to be the case.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Are you coming from Horsham/Crawley way or are you talking Brighton? If Horsham then there is the 6.49 that gets in at 7.48 direct. I presume that will be going? Its the only direct one though-all others are a change or two.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Apologies if fxtrs - heard a rumour from some commuter buddies that if you want to get to London Bridge at a half decent hour (8am) you have to sit in a piss smelling FCC train from December...had a quick look at the new timetable and it seems to be the case.

From Brighton I think that's the case. I know our eveing times have changed from LB to Shoreham.

16:53 will be 16:57
17:32 -> 17:42
18:15 -> 18:12

D

Deleted User X18H

you will now have to change and get the 0638 retimed 0634 from Preston Park

Welcome back me how they've missed you.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm rather looking forward to the new 51 minute service from Brighton to Victoria.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Ashford to Brighton train is now at 1h 50min, which is riughly the same tim from Dover Prory to Victoria, so my journey time with a 20 min stop over in Ashford will be 2h 30.

It might be £25 dearer but I might just go via Victoria as the service is a little more relaible.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What 51 minute service? it says on the leaflet the Gatwick Express will take 1hr 10 minutes.

I'm sure I saw a 51 minute one when I last looked at the changes. Will check my personal timetable when I get home.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Whilst on the subject of trains, the hourly Brighton - Watford Junction direct trains are stopping on the 1st of december. 2 days before i'm going to Watford of the League cup QF's.How f***ing annoying is that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
By far the best thing about the timetable changes (well, apart from the Gatwick Express apparently stopping at Preston Park!) is that far fewer Sussex trains will be stopping at East Croydon. Which should improve the onboard air quality by about 500% :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here