Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New thread for "limp wristed tree hugging lefties"

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh let them come in! Now where did I put my tofu sandals?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll join as soon as I finished making my yoghurt and knitting my yurt.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sorry I was away for 10 minutes .... had another demo to attend ...
... now where did my Vietnamese pot-bellied pig Rupert go?

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm hoping to join this clique, too, but only because I want to get in before Dandyman (he's been name-checked as a Leftie, you know) - precedence is all in left-wing cliques.

I was on that Jarrow march once... pass the map of Muesli Mountain, will you, I want to buy a holiday home...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry, I'm a bit late, just got back from supporting the Vegan Afro-Caribbean/Pan Internationalist Lesbian/Gay/GenderNeutral/GenderAmbiguous Co-Operative in their fight for fairer rights for left-footed hermaphrodites.

And I feel so much better for it.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lord Bracknell said:
My grandad fought during the Spanish Civil War, y'know.

Not in Spain, though. He was a Pompey supporter in 1936.

My grandad threw eggs at Oswald Moseley in 1938 .... he made some superb pancakes with them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I assume you have to be a cricket fan to join this ne clique? That's me out then.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
MY Grandad was a mad-eyed Empire-Loyalist Scots Wee Free bigot who wouldn't knowingly work in the same place as a Catholic and used to growl "Dear God, hangin's tae guid for him" at Elvis Presley on the telly (I think he probably suspected The King of coming from Glasgow, which is where ALL the wickedness in Scotland came from, apparently; my Grandad himself came from Coatbridge "but that wis before a' the Irish moved in"). He fought at the Battle of Jutland, but might have perhaps had qualms about the next war, given his political outlook - except of course "yon wee Hitler, he wisnae ain ay us, ken?". "Us" being the surprisingly large slice of Scotland which shared his weird views on the world, God and "the Irish" (which just meant Catholics, really, of any nationality) in those days. I guess it's a blessing that he never met anybody who wasn't white, as far as I know - although he used to enjoy "The Black & White Minstrel Show", I believe, God help him...

So obviously I'm something of a newbie to this Leftie business; still, it's quite fun, isn't it? Very friendly, mind - I was expecting a bit more internecine strife and the like. Is it important to tell people about your grandfather, then? When do I get to hug a tree?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, Seagull's Return, you don't have to tell the world about grandparents, it's optional (mine was a Tory-voting miner and there weren't many of them in the Welsh valleys, the other was a professional soldier and a miserable git).

BTW, just spotted what's under your user name. Do you think the Greeks are going to cause an upset and beat Portugal then? :)

Last edited:

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
My grandfather ran the Irish Club in Warrington - at he time of the commonly seen No Irish signs. He also ran the Irish Sweep for which my mother used to take the money up to Liverpool.

I don't know what that's got to do with anything, but is that a spare tree over there ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here