Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Terminator film

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The third one was too weak to make the Terminator series the greatest. Similar with The Godfather. Its so rare when a trilogy contains three genuinely EXCELLENT films. For my money, it would have to be the original Star Wars trilogy, and Lord of the Rings (which just got better with each instalment).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Looks good. If Christian Bale can put in a good turn it will be passable I reckon. Problem is we have so many shite sci-fi progs on telly that a lot of films end up looking like an episode of Battlestar Gallactica, they all just blur into one. Also I have seen Bale coast through a few films before and I could see him doing that here.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope this is a good movie. I'm still trying to forget Terminator 3. What an embarrassment to the franchise compared to the first two!

Oct 25, 2003
The third one was too weak to make the Terminator series the greatest. Similar with The Godfather. Its so rare when a trilogy contains three genuinely EXCELLENT films. For my money, it would have to be the original Star Wars trilogy, and Lord of the Rings (which just got better with each instalment).

godfather part 3 wasn't THAT weak was it? granted it wasn't anywhere near as good as the other 2 but it was still reasonable. I don't think it brings the trilogy down to any level below SUPERB

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
godfather part 3 wasn't THAT weak was it? granted it wasn't anywhere near as good as the other 2 but it was still reasonable. I don't think it brings the trilogy down to any level below SUPERB

Hmmm...see what you're saying, but it was such a massive letdown following on from the other two that it just taints the trilogy for me. I saw it when it came out, and have watched it once or twice since then on DVD, but theres nothing to go back to it again for. Whereas the first two I could watch every week.

Oct 25, 2003
Hmmm...see what you're saying, but it was such a massive letdown following on from the other two that it just taints the trilogy for me. I saw it when it came out, and have watched it once or twice since then on DVD, but theres nothing to go back to it again for. Whereas the first two I could watch every week.

yes you're right......i would only really watch it if i'm having a bit of a MARATHON

the last 15 minutes or so are pretty good, and i feel that the very last scene where he dies and is just a lonely old TWAT completes the trilogy off quite nicely for me

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
yes you're right......i would only really watch it if i'm having a bit of a MARATHON

the last 15 minutes or so are pretty good, and i feel that the very last scene where he dies and is just a lonely old TWAT completes the trilogy off quite nicely for me

They should have spliced the SCARFACE ending onto the end of GF3 instead.
That would have perked it up a bit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks good.
Just a shame that the Terminator series will never fit into a linear viewing experience. Its topped out at T2 - nothing is EVER going to beat that. Similar to the Alien franchise - nothing will ever come close to the first two.

I'm sorry, but it won't.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Looks good.
Just a shame that the Terminator series will never fit into a linear viewing experience. Its topped out at T2 - nothing is EVER going to beat that. Similar to the Alien franchise - nothing will ever come close to the first two.

I'm sorry, but it won't.

And Police Academy. Compare and contrast number 3 against the first 2.

The first introduced us to Tackleberry, Hightower and Lassard. Genius casting and who can forget the Blue Oyster bar scene. What boy didn't try and copy Michael Winslow's impressions back in the playground?

The second upped the ante with the introduction of Zed (Bobcat Goldthwait) and possibly the only genuinely funny line in the entire series:

Mahoney is undercover trying to infiltrate the gang. He's taken to meet Zed, leader of the gang.

Zed "Whaaaaat's your nnnnaaaaame?"
Mahoney "Umm...Jughead"
Zed "I liiiike that nnnnaaaaame. Itttt was my mmmmmothers"

That's pure gold, that kind of stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot on Buzzer.
Its difficult to argue with scripting and dialogue of that magnitude, so I'm not even going to try.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks good.

I'm sorry, but it won't.

Main problem now with T3 is that it doesnt fit at all into the Sarah Connor Chronicals - T1 & T2 do as John Connor is still young.

Also Lena Headey is much hotter than Linda Hamilton.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
T3 didn't happen, in the TRUE Terminator mythology. It was made against James Cameron's wishes, and he did not endorse it in any way.

T2:3D, T:SCC and T3 are recognised as being non-canon, so the actual Terminator linear story goes;

T1 (Takes place in 1984 - Kyle Reese impregnates Sarah Connor)
T2:JD (Takes place in 1994-95ish - John Connor is aged 10/11)
T:S (Takes place in 2018 - John Connor is in his thirties) - The *real* judgement day

The others are splinter stories.. there is an official term for it, but I can't remember, (chip in, anyone!) but it means an alternative universe to the main plot.

T3 didn't happen, in the TRUE Terminator mythology. It was made against James Cameron's wishes, and he did not endorse it in any way.

T2:3D, T:SCC and T3 are recognised as being non-canon, so the actual Terminator linear story goes;

T1 (Takes place in 1984 - Kyle Reese impregnates Sarah Connor)
T2:JD (Takes place in 1994-95ish - John Connor is aged 10/11)
T:S (Takes place in 2018 - John Connor is in his thirties) - The *real* judgement day

The others are splinter stories.. there is an official term for it, but I can't remember, (chip in, anyone!) but it means an alternative universe to the main plot.

Actually McG himself has said both T3 and T:TSCC chronicles will both fit in with T4.... they just follow different/alternate timelines. It's up to the viewer which path you choose, they will both tie in and make sense.

In fact, the T3 - T4 route will make more sense as T4 is set in 2018 and Connor is in his early 30's which ties in with his age in T3 which is set in 2004.

Now I've made my brain hurt.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All this talk about different timelines - Summer Glau who playes Cameron is 27 years old :ohmy:

YetMoreSummerGlau.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here