Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Robbie Kean has already signed for LA Galaxy !!
I'm quite sure we were in for Keane last season. I sorta had a feeling that when Poyet said earlier, "one will have to wait until deadline day for" earlier this month, it was Robbie Keane. We were waiting for him to not get a premiership club or big move.... which obviosuly he got!

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Paynter...... that would be underwelming also. Thought it might be someone better than what we already have, rather than a squad player/bench warmer

It's not about being a better player than what we have - it's about having a different type of player. I don't know much about Paynter to be honest, but towards the end of the game on Saturday we were screaming out for a forward who could hold the ball up with his back to goal and we don't have one.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Leeds have just sold Max Gradel who played as a second striker a lot for Leeds last season. With Becchio and Somma long-term injuries, there is no way that Leeds will let Paynter go at the moment.

Becchio is nearly back... Paynter has fallen out with the fans big time at Leeds.

Lets face it....It's pretty much definitely paynter who weare close to signing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just wasted ten minutes of my life reading this thread and the only surprising thing is that TSB hasn't turned red!!!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Here you go, pick anyone of the names listed on the 7 pages on google from this search. Someone on the official website does have a sense of humour though

Google

After all, according to this search Google we have also signed DENNIS Berkamp

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I see Fulham have just spemt £11m on a new striker...

2109: FOOTBALL: Fulham agree a £10.6m fee with FC Twente for Costa Rica winger Bryan Ruiz, Sky Sports News reports. The 26-year-old scored 39 goals in 61 games fr the Dutch club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
@DuncanCastles (sportswriter) has tweeted Brighton considering an offer worth up to £500,000 for Leeds United striker Billy Paynton.

He has corrected it to Paynter since but the comments from Leeds fans seem very derogatory. ie Barn Door Billy etc

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jelavic from Glasgow Rangers, gazumping Sven.

And who is the other "special player" Gus might acquire tomorrow.

Club totally underestimated merchandising sales, food and drink sales, big attendances at LC games, & the lucrative LFC tie ... which have swelled the TB/Gus coffers way beyond their projections, enabling their big spend tomorrow if they can get the right 2 players.

temporarywhite

Aug 30, 2011
Becchio is nearly back... Paynter has fallen out with the fans big time at Leeds.

Lets face it....It's pretty much definitely paynter who weare close to signing

Best of luck guys!

betterthanpaynter.tumblr.com provides a handy record of all the things that we've reckoned were better than that fat waste of space during considered discussion on waccoe...
:thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've mentioned this before, but we were all set to sign Paynter last summer before Dirty L**ds showed their hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here