• Barnsley

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • We won't get anyone this side of the window closing

Votes: 59 62.8%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All this talk of a new striker coming in, when do we think he - whoever he might be - makes his Albion debut?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Bozza's tweet via NSC asking about if we'd like Jermaine Beckford with a yes or no question, anything in it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it's not before Saturday, we are starting the season at a big disadvantage. Are there any other clubs in the Championship who have so few forwards on their books??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it's not before Saturday, we are starting the season at a big disadvantage. Are there any other clubs in the Championship who have so few forwards on their books??

CMS
Barnes
Hoskins
Agdestein

I would say most squads would have about 4/5 strikers. We're only 1 short.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
CMS
Barnes
Hoskins
Agdestein

One has been injured for a year, one is no longer a striker, one is a development player and it's questionable whether he can make the step up just yet. The other has question marks about his ability to really cut it at this level. Maybe I should have posed the question as does any other team have a forward line with so little experience and ability at this level?

It is a genuine question rather than a knock, as I really don't know but am shocked at how lightweight we are as we enter our 2nd season in the Championship. Or are other teams just as lightweight up front. The rest of the team, especially the defence looks good.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
CMS
Barnes
Hoskins
Agdestein

I'd say 2 strikers short. Beckford and one other could sort that. Adg is still learning the ropes, Hoskins has been injured, CMS hasn't really done it and now injured, Barnes is our best, but he plays better as the 5th midfielder or just behind the striker.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Listening to Gus just now on Player, he says we "cannot" get the quality striker he wants because of the transfer fee and wages.

This suggests to me that Tony is refusing (rightly) to pay silly money for players like Beckford and we are back to looking for the next best option.

Anyone now thinking we might have been wise to get Vokes back?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone now thinking we might have been wise to get Vokes back?

I may be proved wrong but I though he was a bit one paced and not that good in the air for a big guy. If there was nobody else then yes of course he's better than nobody but I was hoping for someone at least as good as Murray when we refused to pay him what he wanted last season. We still haven't replaced him and imo he was far far better than Vokes.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have one fit striker = Barnes, who at best is hit and miss. I've got a feeling we are going to miss out on the main targets(probably looked at the way we play and worried they will fall asleep up front through lack of action)....and we will end up with crap loans again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here