Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker - Tony Bloom

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Obika is back training so I'm not looking further than him (or Vellios).

The Argus reports today that Obika has had a further injury setback. Also

The Seagulls refuse to be held to ransom by some Premier League clubs stipulating as part of any loan deal a starting spot and most, if not all, of the wages being paid for players who have been largely inactive since August.

Head of football David Burke said: "To get one that hits the ground running is practically impossible. We have options that are ranked in order. We obviously want the top ones and plates are spinning on them all."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I thought these were the penalties:

Reprimand / Warning ..... Wouldn't matter
Fine....... Unlikely to matter
Deduction of Points.....worth the risk if less than 10 Pts
Withholding of Revenue from competition..........talking cup games here , no big one
Prohibition to register new players for competitions;"...........blessing in disguise maybe
A restriction on the number of players that a club may register for competitions"..........doubt would hurt.
Disqualification from a competition in progress...........again cup so no big one
Exclusion from future competitions

I know someone said not our punishments I've edited above

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hardly fair when he's giving his all while playing out of position for the team.

But not when he's played up-front as a striker then?

Editted to add: He clearly tries hard and is a good player, but he's no-where near as good an all-round striker as Ulloa, and that's the problem.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Barnes is a striker. He's not good enough in this division as a striker, so is/was used as a midfielder.

Have you thought that there might be different qualities needed for different striking positions or are you really happy with just grouping them into one? If Bridcutt is such a good midfielder why isnt he getting into the box with late runs? Why doesn't Greer play right defence? Why can't Ulloa play the number 10 role very well? Oh come on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Barnes is a striker. He's not good enough in this division as a striker, so is/was used as a midfielder.

because he is willing to defend when needed

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Have you thought that there might be different qualities needed for different striking positions or are you really happy with just grouping them into one? If Bridcutt is such a good midfielder why isnt he getting into the box with late runs? Why doesn't Greer play right defence? Why can't Ulloa play the number 10 role very well? Oh come on.

Not sure what point you are trying to make about Barnes. He's not particularly quick, doesn't have much skill, can't hold the ball up and doesn't score often enough. He defends. That is exactly what we need up front to score goals isn't it? Someone who defends well and gives 100%. It's all well working 100% but if you have nothing to give, what's the point?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure what point you are trying to make about Barnes. He's not particularly quick, doesn't have much skill, can't hold the ball up and doesn't score often enough. He defends. That is exactly what we need up front to score goals isn't it? Someone who defends well and gives 100%. It's all well working 100% but if you have nothing to give, what's the point?

he provided the assists for Andrews v Sheff W and for Crofts v Forest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here