Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Star Trek Movie or Terminator Salvation

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I'm going to watch one of these films tonight on BT Vision and am rwally not sure which one to go for. I have reservations about both

Terminator - I'm a big fan of the previous films but have heards less than brilliant reports on this one.

Star Trek - Not a huge fan but have heard that this film is good.

At the moment i'm leaning towards terminator but i could be swayed if others know better. Please help me.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I don't know about the Terminator movie, but the StarTrek movie is a good 'un - whether you're a fan or not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're both good.
Terminator suffers from inevitable (and unfair) comparisons with T1 and T2, which were bona-fide masterpieces. As a stand-alone sci-fi action flick, Terminator Salvation is hugely enjoyable.

And I'm no Trekky, but that new Star Trek film is terrific as well, really enjoyed it. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either, they're both well worth watching.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Star Trek - you don't have to be a Trekkie to enjoy it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would recommend Star Trek

Thought Star trek was the better film of the two and i really enjoyed it, but i know that people who are real long term Star Trek series fans really dislike it. (maybe a good thing) so how much you will like it might depend on how much of a fan you are.

Terminator was watchable, but no where near as good as either of the first two films in the series.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Star Trek. Watched it at the cinema with my eldest son and we both thought it was great.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Please please watch Star Trek. One of the best blockbusters of the noughties. Very cleverly keeps both the Trekkies and new fans happy and really is a really rip-roaring film.

Terminator Salvation, on the other hand, is a mindless action film with no plot or characters made by a terrible director (with a terrible name) simply to cash in on the name of Terminator. Interesting fact if you didn't know, the script for the film was not originally written to be a Terminator film, they adapted it to have the character John Connor later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here