Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadium

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can remember a time, just, when Bristol had a club in the top division...there is little doubt that a city of that size has gone too long with their teams knocking around in the lower leagues, at least a new stadium will give one of them an opportunity to progress once again. Like others on here I always enjoy a visit to Ashton Gate, despite results never seeming to go our way, the atmosphere is always pretty good. From someone who follows a team about to reach their promised land, all the very best in reaching yours, it will be a long and tough journey but with perseverance you can succeed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Done, hope that they decide on a ground share with Rovers though.

Bristol

Jan 6, 2011
I can remember a time, just, when Bristol had a club in the top division...there is little doubt that a city of that size has gone too long with their teams knocking around in the lower leagues, at least a new stadium will give one of them an opportunity to progress once again. Like others on here I always enjoy a visit to Ashton Gate, despite results never seeming to go our way, the atmosphere is always pretty good. From someone who follows a team about to reach their promised land, all the very best in reaching yours, it will be a long and tough journey but with perseverance you can succeed.

Talking about "their"/"the" promised land. How far do you guys think Brighton can go with Falmer? If you keep going and get promoted this season, new ground next (and I hear selling well) surely the sky's the limit for Brighton?

Ok well, maybe not competing with Man United and Arsenal just yet...but surely things could be very good if things click at the right time?

When you guys came down to Ashton Gate years and years back you brought thousands. It made me realise that a proper stadium and you'll have the support. A bit of success in the mix and the less than brilliant status of Palace and Portsmouth...could you really make the South East your own and go on to achieve some big things.

I see no reason why not but you guys are probably more worried about doing the business this season first.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Done, went to Bristol City in the early 80's and stood on a terrace behind the goal, I only realised I was in the wrong end when I was the only one celebrating a Brighton goal! Ah well - happy days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here